NationalPLC.Org

kidsnav.gif (4714 bytes)

Contact Us

Update on John Murtari

From: Kids-Right (kidsrigh@hammer.thebook.com)
Date: Fri Mar 05 1999 - 14:54:42 EST

To unsubscribe from this list at anytime, send email to
Majordomo@kids-right.org with the following 1 line in the
BODY of the message (Subject is ignored).

unsubscribe members

Be sure to check the Kids Right site for the latest information on
John Murtari's protest. You will find a copy of the latest Press
Release (3/2/99), as well as recent letters John has written to
Assemblyman Michael Bragman and Mayor Roy Bernardi. In his letter
to the Mayor, John speaks about his violent encounter with two
Syracuse Police officers on February 24th. Also included is a response
from Congressman James Walsh.

John is encouraging people to participate in a silent protest/vigil
in front of the Syracuse Public Safety Building on Wednesday, March
10th at 12:00 Noon. The address of the Public Safety Building is

                Syracuse Public Safety Building
                555 South State Street
                Syracuse, NY 13202

There are two goals of this vigil:

        1. To show solidarity for John's request for reforms in the
            Family Law System

        2. To demonstrate concern over his treatment by City Police.

All we expect people to do is be present at this event, but all are
encouraged to bring a sign if they can.

Please, if you haven't yet written to our legislators, please do so.
Addresses of our Public Officials are listed below.

Addresses of our public officials are listed below:

   Gov. George E. Pataki
        State Capitol
        Albany, NY 12224
        E-Mail: gov.pataki@chamber.state.ny.us