NationalPLC.Org

kidsnav.gif (4714 bytes)

Contact Us

Family Rights Act/Member Support Updates

From: Kids-Right (kidsrigh@thebook.com)
Date: Fri Oct 01 1999 - 07:35:29 EDT

http://www.kids-right.org/

To unsubscribe from this list at anytime, send email to
Majordomo@kids-right.org with the following 1 line in the
BODY of the message (Subject is ignored).

unsubscribe members

Folks,

This message contains information on:
1. New revision of the Family Rights Act available for review.
2. Revised member support page.

1. New revision of the Family Rights Act

The next draft has been posted to our site at,
http://www.kids-right.org/act.htm

This version of the draft adds wording to deal with the issue
of "legal" custody. Your comments and experiences are
welcome! Our goal is to make "custody evaluations", where a
few 'experts' decided our kid's fate -- a very rare event.
Again, the emphasis is on default equal "legal" and "physical"
custody -- with jury protection.

John Murtari (jmurtari@kids-right.org), Syracuse,NY is getting
ready to make an appointment with a local Congressman to see
about getting the Act introduced as a bill. Anyone in the
area who would like to participate please contact him now.

Try to get your local Representative or Senator to sponsor the
Family Rights Act -- next year is a big election year, now
is the time! Let us know so we can keep the site updated with
progress, http://www.kids-right.org/legislation_focus.htm

2. Revised member support page
------------------------------

You will notice a big change on our member support page,
http://www.kids-right.org/member.php3

We have moved our contact information to an on-line database
which will make it easier to manage and display. The new
member registration page, htp://www.kids-right.org/register.php3
will now allow members to actually update earlier information
they have supplied.

If you had supplied info earlier, you will need a password
to make changes. You should get an email message no later
than Oct. 5 advising you of your password.