NationalPLC.Org

kidsnav.gif (4714 bytes)

Contact Us

NonViolence Works - Officials Stymied / Family Rights Act

From: Webmaster (webmaster@kids-right.org)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 10:30:12 EST

http://www.kids-right.org/

To unsubscribe from this list at anytime, send email to
Majordomo@kids-right.org with the following 1 line in the
BODY of the message (Subject is ignored).

unsubscribe members

Folks,

Just a couple of brief updates on current efforts:

1) A major change occured in how officials seem to be handling the
NonViolent protest by John Murtari. He had been arrested on two
prior occasions for silently carrying a sign inside the local Court House.

Yesterday, Dec 1st, he returned again, was threatened with arrest,
BUT WAS THEN ALLOWED TO WALK AROUND THE INSIDE OF
THE BUILDING FOR A TWO HOUR PERIOD, still carrying his sign.

He plans on returning again today, for full details see:
http://www.kids-right.org/protest_dm.htm

2) We had submitted the Family Rights Act to Syracuse Congressman
James Walsh for sponsorship in October. Had not heard anything
from his office. Called his office today and was told we should have
a status update soon. For details see:
http://www.kids-right.org/legislation_focus.htm

You are all encouraged to submit copies of the Act to your local
Representatives for sponsorship. Let us know, and we will update the
site.