NationalPLC.Org

kidsnav.gif (4714 bytes)

Contact Us

Upcoming Events & Our Apologies for Inaction.

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 10:29:08 EDT

http://www.kids-right.org/

To unsubscribe from this list at anytime, send email to
Majordomo@kids-right.org with the following 1 line in the
BODY of the message (Subject is ignored).

unsubscribe members

Good People,

This message contains information on:
1. Upcoming events in your area.
2. Taking action & our apologies for inaction!

1. Upcoming events in your area.
-------------------------------
Right now we have two items pending and you should soon see detailed
information at the web site:

1. June 17th.  Father's Day in Washington D.C.  This is becoming one
of the larger gathering of Mom's & Dad's concerned with reform.
Several coordinators from AKidsRight will be there and we welcome your
attendance so we can meet face-to-face and discuss our goals.

2. June 24-25. Syracuse, NY.  Another chance to meet and also show our
Federal legislators we are concerned about reform.

2. Taking action & our apologies for inaction!
Can you believe this?  In April we had a very good meeting with Jill,
an aid for U.S. Senator Charles Schumer (D-NY) -- other than sending
her a "thank you" note, both John Murtari (me!, a coordinator) and
Mary Chancellor (our PR person who had driven up from Tenessee) have
failed to contact her for a follow up meeting!  Why?  Well, just a
little too busy trying to pay the bills, take care of family, and keep
or find work -- it happens to all of us!  Time just gets away from
you.

But you know what, we FAILED to get the job done. Almost all of us
have wanted someone to help us in the past, to stop what they were
doing and pay attention to our case, and help make things better.
This recent experience should be a reminder to all of us, that if we
want someone else to care and stop the other important things they are
doing -- WE need to do that first.

But you know what, it's okay. We all get a little busy, things happen.
BUT, let's not fail because we have lost Faith. Because we started to
believe our efforts really won't matter, and that any sacrifice we
make for our children really won't make a difference.  That the system
is just TOO big, and we are TOO small.  Why?

AKidsRight.Org is a group based on a positive Faith. In a simple way
the counterpoint to the above is, "Are God's ears to deaf to hear your
plea?  Are God's arms to short to save, or to bring the very reform
we desire?" We are still not too far away from the Easter Holiday. I
know many of us have problems seeing Jesus of Nazareth as the
"mystical savior of the world."

Well, how about just seeing him as a man.  I don't know about you, but
that makes me feel even more uncomfortable about my (and your) excuses
for not getting something done.  Can you believe this?

In his 30's, he gives up his regular life to go out and campaign to
try to convince people: "God loves us as children, we are all brothers
and sisters, and we all need to LOVE each other." C'mon, gimme a break
-- how you gonna convince people of that you poor ignorant carpenter?
You are just one man.

He was willing to leave everything behind, because he really did have
Faith.  It must have been fairly obvious when you met him, or just saw
what he did.  The part that really scares me is he must of known the
"government" was going to come for him and kill him.  He could have
run away, tried to fight another day...

But he even sacrificed his life, without anger or vengeance. Why do we
remember him after 2000 years, forgive me for saying this, "but he
practiced what he preached."

Let's forgot about what our spouses and everyone else "did." Just
focus on what WE need to do to make things better -- and do it with
Faith.