NationalPLC.Org

kidsnav.gif (4714 bytes)

Contact Us

Happy Father's Day & Let's Drive to D.C. Sunday!

From: Webmaster (webmaster@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 21:50:51 EDT

http://www.kids-right.org/

To unsubscribe from this list at anytime, send email to
Majordomo@kids-right.org with the following 1 line in the
BODY of the message (Subject is ignored).

unsubscribe members

Good People,

This message contains:
1) Our Best Wishes for a Happy Father's Day.
2) Take a drive to DC this weekend!
3) Web Site Updates.

1) Our Best Wishes for a Happy Father's Day.
We extend our Best Wishes to all you Dads -- especially those of you
who won't be seeing your children this weekend.  And MOST especially
to those of you who have "grown" children who do not even want to see
you ... as a result of our present "system" of Family Law.  What a
tragedy!

We all join in prayer for a happy resolution to the pain we have all
experienced, and most of all for our children.  And perhaps, one
special item to keep in mind, is that we always anticipate a "change
of heart" with our former partner that will allow us both to
participate in the lives of our children.

To get rid of crutch, "they'll never change."
To remove the excuse, "it was ALL there fault."
To stop nursing on, "I was the victim."

No, we don't expect you to both fall madly in love again, but:

To remember, "they are a good person."
To acknowledge, "they are my childs ONLY other parent."
To hope, "they will forgive me for what I did."
To forgive.

Yes, it sounds like pretty crazy, pie-in-the-sky stuff, but we also
know, "nothing is impossible with God."

2) Take a drive to DC this weekend!
-----------------------------------

Moms & Dads, if YOU want to do something to make a difference. Take a
drive to DC on Sunday and meet other people who also want to reform
the system.  Just try to get to the "Ellipse" by around 11:00 AM --
you don't even have to drive into the city. Park in one of the suburbs
and take the Metro -- it's a great subway!  For a map see,
http://www.nationalplc.org/events.htm

3) Web Site Updates.
We've revised a few areas of the web site. Please check out:
* Our NonViolent Action background area:
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil_back.htm

* Our Events area, now recording what WE have done:
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/events.htm