NationalPLC.Org

kidsnav.gif (4714 bytes)

Contact Us

Activity in Canada, Murtari sentenced, & Your FEEDBACK

From: Webmaster (webmaster@kids-right.org)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 15:42:40 EST

Unsubscribe instructions at bottom of message.

Good People & People of Faith

This message contains info on:

1. Canadian activist to stand trial - help needed.
2. Murtari Sentenced in US District Court.
3. Events in Syracuse - Your FEEDBACK.

1. Canadian activist to stand trial - help needed.

http://www.NoBigLies.Org/

This site has information on a Canadian parent named Steve Osborne.
A few years ago in a divorce proceeding he was faced with a spouse
who made numerous false allegations against him in order to eliminate
his contact with the children (the allegations worked).

During that trial the presiding Judge, when confronted with proof of
false affidavits and testimony said, "so long as there is not a big
lie, then I'm all right."  Since that time Steve has carried on
peaceful pickets to call attention to this and the devastating effect
it had on him and his children.  The Judge has recently pressed
criminal charges against Steve for slander.  You can check their News
Reports page for how this has been covered in the media. Steve has
refused to stop his conduct and has demanded a trial by Judge and
Jury. It is scheduled to being January 6th, 2003.

The Goal: Use this to focus attention on the need for meaningful
family law reform. Children need to have equal access to both
parents.  More than just "no big lies" should be needed before a
parent is separated from their children.

Steve doesn't have a lot of money, and needs a lot of help.
Contact him at: steve@NoBigLies.Org

2. Murtari Sentenced in US District Court.
John Murtari was sentenced today to 10 days in jail by US Magistrate
Judge DiBianco in the Syracuse Courthouse for the Northern District
of New York.   He will report to the US Marshall service in Syracuse
at 9 AM tomorrow to begin the sentence.

John has been involved in a NonViolent Action to arrange a meeting
between parents and Senator Hillary R. Clinton regarding the need for
national Family Law reform.  For full details on this effort see:
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/actionc_syr

On his release John plan on resuming the effort on December 30th.
Participation by concerned parents is welcome (and needed). See link
above for more details.

3. Events in Syracuse - Your FEEDBACK.
-------------------------------------
John received a wide range of feedback from you on this topic that we
would like to now share with the entire list.  Much was in response
to a prior list message with his thoughts on upcoming sentencing.
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/archive/archive2002/0059.html

--- Heather Marie Clarry <heather.clarry@shaw.ca>

> Perhaps you can look at this site.....maybe it's time for a new
> approach.  www.tobe.net Jim Rough does give a special rate for
> activists and does have space in his December workshop.
> Heather Clarry,  Child Rescue

Thanks for the message.  It certainly looks like an interesting
approach.  But, if we are a civil rights movement, history says there
is also going to be a need for folks who are willing to make personal
sacrifice for what they believe in.  My efforts are an attempt to
show such a route (although road does seem to be getting pretty bumpy
lately!).

--- Roger Windsor <RDWmesaAZ@aol.com>

> You sound a bit resigned and defeatist.  Please gather some courage.  Why
 > would you tell a judge you don't deserve any break from him!!!!

> If you have a case, state it.  Pointing out exactly the wrongs and
> abuses of the whole system -- and concern for your rights, such as
> "petition the govt. for redress of grievances," etc.  There is
> still an opportunity for your grievances to be heard, although the
> forum may not appear to be the right one.  Help the judge
> understand.  Reason with him.

Your point of view may be correct, but I guess the time to "reason"
with him was during the trial and he really is not the forum for the
overall issues we care about.  I certainly think his attitude did
change during the trial for the good.  I think he is expecting "in
your face" from a political activist and I really don't plan on
giving him that. Hard to say what is "right" here, thanks for your
input.

--- "Steven Ayala" <spayala52@hotmail.com>

--- Jeff Golden <JeffFACE@aol.com>

> Aren't you going to say anything about "I thought politicians LIKE
> to and WANT to talk to their constituents.  How else can they learn
> of issues that are of importance to the voting public?"

--- Barbara Lynn Lapp <lappfamily@madbbs.com>
    [Barbara went to trial and did six months in jail for activist
     activities for child abuse law reform, http://www.familyalert.org/]

> Great sentencing statement - I hope you don't forget too many words.

Yes, good advice!  You know how these things go -- never as expected.
But I guess it's the thought that counts.

---  Samuel Crisp <samcrisp@zapo.net>

> DEAR JOHN: I APPRECIATE YOUR EFFORTS IN SYRACUSE NY!  I AM
> PERPLEXED WITH YOU IN THAT YOU DO NOT SEND ME A QUICK CLIP OF ANY
> KIND!  I AM NOW IN ALASKA FOR A TIME!  I APPLAUD YOU IN YOUR
> EFFORTS!  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!  REMEMBER PERCEPTION IS REALITY TO
> THEM!  YOU MUST PUT EMPHASIS IN/ON YOUR CASE THAT YOU ARE IN THE
> ENDEAVOR TO REACH YIUR ELECTED OFFICIALS AS SUCH YOU ARE THERE FOR
> AND ON MY BEHALF!  YOU ARE MY REPRESENTATIVE.  YOU ARE MY
> MOUTHPEICE FOR ME ON MY BEHALF.  IF YOU ARE SPEAKING FOR ME AND
> OTHERS,HOW CAN YOUR MISSION BE PLACED IN A DARK LIGHT!  WHO IS THAT
> PERSON WHOM COULD BE SO NEGATIVE OVER THE VERY SIMPLE AFFAIR OF YOU
> CONTACTING MY OFFICIAL FOR ME AS YOU WERE THERE FOR MY BEST
> INTEREST SO IN THAT LIGHT I SHOULD BE JAILED WITH YOU FOR I HAVE
> ASKED YOU TO KEEP UP YOUR PEACFUL QUEST ON MY PART & DO SO ASK THAT
> YOU KEEP UP THE GOOD COURAGE TO CONTINUE IN THIS AFFAIR AND ON THE
> PART OF OTHERS!  SINCERELY YOURS SAM CRISP & OTHERS!  YOU MAY USE
> THIS LETTER TO SHOW YOUR ATTORNEY.  PS. IF YOU AHAVE SAVED ANY OF
> MY EMAILS TO YOU YOU ARE AS WELCOMED TO USA ANY AND ALL OF THEM TO
> GIVE TO YOUR ATTORNEY.  ALSO DO NOT MIND MY PRINT, MY EYES AND NECK
> GET VERY SORE AT THE COMPUTER.......

I want to thanks you for a good message.  I liked the perspective you
are presenting and I think it would be useful for the Judge to know
that.

--- Kevin Brady <kptbrady@rochester.rr.com>

> John........you crack me up........you sonnuvabich......!!!!!

> Your stories... your escapades...your 'Gandhi's like
> persona............... they give me the few laughs that I have in
> life...

> Why? Because we so both KNOW the hypocrisy of all of this $hit !

> Hillary won't meet with you, NOT because of the issues....she won't
> meet with you for the same reason that freaking Barbara Striesand
> wouldn't meet with you...............They are a 'star'........you
> are just a 'wannabe'..........

> Lay down your legacy for Dominic, and #uck all the rest of
> em...................  What you will have provided renders
> everything else meaningless.......

> I am in Court
> muhself..............constantly....................alone.........
> against barking Judges and threats of jail because I am so inferior
> to them.

> God Bless You, John............ !!!!  Take care...................

Well, that was an interesting message.  I'm glad to hear I have some
entertainment value (I get some laughs from a lot of this myself at
times, it helps to have a good sense of humor).  I'm trying to be
very practical.  I certainly know Senator Clinton wants to be
President some day.  I know you are aware of all the horror stories
of how parents have been mistreated by the system.  I beginning to
marvel that it is taking this long to get more people involved.