NationalPLC.Org

kidsnav.gif (4714 bytes)

Contact Us

Legislative & Court Action Updates / Senator Clinton & Your FEEDBACK

From: Webmaster (webmaster@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 10:10:49 EST

Unsubscribe instructions at bottom of message.

Good People & People of Faith:

This message contains info on:
1. Recent Court Actions - regarding YOUR rights.
2. Proposed Legislation - similar ideas.
3. Your Messages - why we try to make things better!
4. Petitioning Senator Clinton - update.
5. Your FEEDBACK - welcome!

1. Recent Court Actions - regarding YOUR rights.
We have revised the web site to include links to some of the actual
briefs/decisions at http://www.AKidsRight.Org/court.htm

* Mike Galluzzo - US District Court, Ohio - establishing right to equal
custody.

* Harold Legere - Filing Suit in Canada - questioning fairness of the
system.

* Sonny Southerland - 2nd Circuit and CPS - challenging unfounded
interference in family.

There is some impressive work above. Made all the more so by the fact
most of it was done by individuals who had the courage and
determination to continue their quest for justice.

We welcome updates to the above and you can also find contact
information if you wish to reach these individuals.  We encourage you
to express your appreciation!

2. Proposed Legislation - similar ideas.
---------------------------------------
There seem to be two communities of parents. Those separated from
their kids due to divorce and those where it happens through "social
service" in some type of "child protective" action. These actions all
represent a judge (the "state:) interjecting themselves between you
and your kids.  Better protection of that "family right" should help
us all.  Shouldn't it be a common effort?

Our group has some ideas for a Family Rights Act, below we have
thoughts by others on how family should be protected.  Space did not
permit including them here, but links to each of the below can be
found at http://www.AKidsRight.Org/legislative.htm

* Proposed statute - Mr. Chuck Evans, Ohio

* Utah Law Journal Article on Due Process  Mr. Donald Hubin

* Protecting rights against interference from Social Services - Family
Rights Advocacy.

* Non Custodial Parent Bill of Rights - Mr. Robert Stevens

3. Your Messages - why we try to make things better.
Below we include just a few of the messages we have received over the
past few weeks.  They should remind us all of what we are trying
to prevent.

--- DLP4010@aol.com

---  Courtney  <Lawgal1035@aol.com>

--- Walter Marano <wjmarano63@yahoo.com>

> I am struggling with the courts on Long Island and need someone to
> maybe point me in the right direction. I want to know if I am doing
> something wrong and why hasn't anyone proved it after 15 months with
> coercion by law guardians and also C.P.S. but I cannot reach an
> amicable decision to have my children back in my life. My ex-wife is
> destroying the innocence of my kids and I am exhausting every avenue
> to get them back. Can you help me?

Wish I could give you some sound advice, but I and many others have been
thoroughly frustrated by the system for longer than we care to think of. Of
course, we all know that the answer is simple. Both parents should have
equal
access to their children. But, for some reason, the courts haven't figured
that out yet.

Hang in there and keep the faith. When the going gets rough, remember that
your kids are worth it. They deserve your love. Someday they will realize
how
hard you fought for them. - Kevin Purdy (contact@AKidsRight.Org)

4. Petitioning Senator Clinton - update
---------------------------------------
John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org) has been coordinating this
effort. During the months of February and March he wants to complete
vacation visits with his son and minimal activity is planned.  We plan
to resume NonViolent Action on April 7th.

For more details see http://www.AKidsRight.Org/actionc_syr

5. Your FEEDBACK - always welcome!
----------------------------------
We had quite a range of opinions on the issue of Civil Rights and
current efforts to get Senator Hillary R. Clinton to meet with
parents hurt by our Nation's Family Law "systems."  Some of these
are responses to recent list messages, check the archive at
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/archive/archive2003

--- John Graboski <jgrab40@juno.com>

--- ROBERT LASHEFF <dadstillherealways@yahoo.com>

--- "Don Shetterly" <don@breakingthesilence.net>