NationalPLC.Org

kidsnav.gif (4714 bytes)

Contact Us

Farrell for California Governor / Your FEEDBACK / NonViolent Action Resumes Oct 1.

From: AKidsRight.Org Webmaster (webmaster@AKidsRight.Org)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 20:22:16 EDT

Unsubscribe instructions at bottom of message.

Good People & People of Faith:

This message contains info on:

1. Family Reform Candidate for California Governor - Dr. Warren Farrell
2. NonViolent Action Resumes - Wednesday, October 1st (1:30PM) - bring Love.
3. Your FEEDBACK - thoughts on NonViolent Action and "bad parenting."
4. Your Letter - yes, we can take your kids and do what we want. Thank you.
5. The Lighter Side - how do men think? do men think?  men think? think?

1. Family Reform Candidate for California Governor - Dr. Warren Farrell
We will be sending a few questions to this candidate and hope to share
his answers with list members (send yours in right away and we will try
to send them along also).  You can check his web site at:
http://www.warrenfarrell.com/ There is a schedule posted and you may have a
chance to meet him personally at upcoming events. Please review his
resume. He is a best selling author and has been involved in "gender"
issues for very many years.  He is listed on the ballot as a "Father's
Issues Author." His platform calls for:

1. a men's birth control pill and a paternity fraud bill;
2. universal prenatal care;
3. listening skills taught from first grade, with simultaneous
retraining of parents;
4. equal father and mother involvement, especially if there is
divorce;
5. more male teachers;
6. stressing female empowerment rather than victim power
7. keeping taxes on businesses low
8. schools that are friendlier to boys;
9. a commission on the status of men and men's health
10. restraining the Government-as-Substitute-Husband

What do the mothers and fathers out there think?  Is a "fathers"
platform key for a candidate concerned with family law reform? About
half of our group's members are mothers -- would you vote for him? News
reports said several Father's groups held a rally with him -- what
exactly does he stand for?  I guess it would be fair to expect a
substantial draft of what he would propose in California Family Law.
How and when would "equality" be maintained through divorce?

What about social services and "child protective" agencies.  Is their
interference in family life an issue for the candidate?  We hope to
have his thoughts on these matters soon!

He has certainly brought great exposure to the need for reform and
hopefully we can all learn from his candidacy.  He's a good man.  If
our issue is "Civil Rights", how is that best brought forth in a political
campaign?

2. NonViolent Action Resumes - Wednesday, October 1st (1:30PM), bring Love.
I regret the delay since August 4th.  I work at a computer company.  We
have a small staff and I am one of the two senior administrators.  The
other administrator left suddenly for other employment (which happens),
but it fell to me to help find and train a replacement.  My mom (87),
also had a series of appointments for medical tests to confirm/deny the
results of other blood work -- very, very fortunate that everything came
back fine!  We will be traveling to see Domenic the weekend of
Sep. 19th. -- then starting the effort again. (last message below).

I do not think there is a lot to say here. I'll be going back to the
Federal building on Oct 1st. I've come to more and more realize the only
thing that motivates me to keep this up is the love I have for my son,
Domenic.  It has been a "practical" lesson to me about what it takes to
volunteer personal sacrifice.  Being angry at other people or the system
in general is not going to do it.  You need to love, and we are all
blessed with some of the best motivation in the world, our children.

Hope to see some of you there!

P.S.  If you want more details, or can't make and want to help, call
Senator Clinton's office, fax them a personal note.  Their contact info
is at the web site, http://www.AKidsRight.Org/actionc_syr

John Murtari, jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org

3. Your FEEDBACK & Letters
--------------------------
The following is feedback from a recent list message:
http://www.kids-right.org/archive/archive2003/0026.html

--- Kathleen Besch <bizoppcity@yahoo.com>

--- TLSAssoc@aol.com (Tammy)

> It's been awhile since I have replied, but I have not forgotten, and
> unless I go comatose, will never forget the way the evil government
> workers are being permitted to destroy our families for their father
> Satan. I will also not change my mind that reform is not an acceptable
> solution. The government sanctioned terrorists (CPS) must be stopped
> as would any other terrorist organization be under fire.

> Read the book of Joshua to see what God told His people to do. There
> are many other references in God's Word as well validating war against
> the oppressors. Don't get me wrong, I too would much rather see a
> peaceful solution, but while peaceful demonstrations are being held,
> children are being murdered by our government, families are being
> destroyed by the same government which is supposed to "do no harm."

> The only acceptable/working peaceful solution is to pray that God will
> make us all strong enough to endure to the end, and allow us to be
> victorious over our enemies. Amen.  Tammy

I used to be a pilot in the Air Force.  Yes, I quite agree, there are
times when fighting is necessary, there are times when dying is
necessary.  I do not think this is one of those times at all.  We are
all parents who love our children, who want the ability to stay involved
in our children's lives.  This is an issue of Civil Rights and what is
required, is personal sacrifice -- and that we don't seem to have yet?
So many people are angry at CPS, the Judges, the Lawyers, the former
spouses -- the love gets lost in the anger.

Anger is poor motivation when sustained personal sacrifice is necessary.
...  many parents are not quite willing to make personal sacrifice,
victims rarely are.  When we have parents willing to sacrifice a little
freedom, spend a night in jail - NOT because they are angry with
someone, but because they love their children -- we will have the start
of a movement.

----------------------------------

The following feedback was in response to a message about "what is a bad
parent?"  http://www.kids-right.org/archive/archive2003/0024.html

--- "Ken Wiebe" <kwiebe@fathers.bc.ca>

--- "Del Parker" <irishcoins2000@hotmail.com>

--- "Robert Kearns" <bob_49_16648@hotmail.com>

> Sorry John, judges ignoring the law, not following the rules, and not
> honoring their sworn oaths to uphold the constitution is dead wrong
> and like being a little bit pregnant.  Judges that violate their
> judicial responsibilities need to be held accountable for their
> unethical and sometimes criminal actions. Impeachment of corrupt
> elected government officials is a constitutional avenue of redress
> available to the individual citizen.  Once enough legitimate
> Impeachment Petitions are filed before the state legislatures only
> then will the system puppets get the message that we are tired and
> weary of being abused by the judicial branch of our government.

Thanks for the message and I quite agree with what you say.  I took
action for judicial misconduct against Judge Major because he didn't do
his job.  A lot of us don't do our jobs at times (even me).  People need
to be corrected and punished if necessary.  But I think we both make a
distinction between failing at our jobs and being "bad" people, somehow
not worthy of common courtesy and respect.

4. Your Letters - yes, we can take your kids and do what we want. Thank you.

--- estrangedad@yahoo.com (David Poff)

> I want a Constitutional Amendment with a Family Bill of Rights.  I
> have a lot to contribute, just need to be in the right place to do it.
> Tell me more about who you are and where you're going...

You may be very right about the need for a Constitutional Amendment to
reform family law.  Right now we have a draft Family Rights Act at the
site, http://www.AKidsRight.Org/act.htm -- which is a first shot and
getting Federal changes/awareness.  The Civil Rights Act corrected much
of the problems with segregation (and was upheld by courts).  Obviously,
if the Civil Rights act had been overturned, many people would have then
pressed for Constitutional Amendment.  The same may happen here.

[ AS YOU READ the following message this same question is presented in
more practical terms.  One of the issues below is "drugs" and that
bothers a lot of people. Perhaps try replacing it with "smoking", after
all do we really want your kids to breath second hand smoke?  If you are
convicted of a simple DWAI (without the kids in the car), should we
really leave the kids in your care? These could be the next standards of
"abuse" - Ed.]

--- jodyfitzwaterkuhlman@webtv.net (Jody Kuhlman)

---- later message from Jody (9/14):

> If you can give me any help at all, DHS came and removed my children
> last week placing 2 in one home and 2 in another, sighting they were
> in immediate danger from me based on the UA taken on Aug 4 they are
> lending no credibility to their own hair test that shows me negative
> for the last 90 days. I even offered to leave the home if the children
> would be allowed to stay with my husband (a provision Iowa law does
> allow for).

> My husband told my case worker because of the degrading way she has
> treated us she would now need to go through his attorney to obtain
> information (reasonably request) on Aug 9 and on aug 10 they removed
> my children. Our in home councilor provided be tananger is even of the
> opinion that this is definitely not in the best interest of our
> children an opinion which he has shared with the case worker. My four
> month old son needs to have his infant massage daily (I had to take a
> 6 week course to learn it, it's not something anyone can do and it was
> prescribed by his pediatrician) and he is not getting it. Please
> anything you can do to help me.

I wish we had the resources to help directly.  I'm forwarding your
message to a few more people who have had experience with this type of
thing in the past.  I can encourage you to keep your Faith and keep
trying to be a parent to your children using positive means.  The
"system" tries to wear you down (and they have a LOT of resources), but
try not to give up.

5. The Lighter Side - how do men think? do men think?  men think?
WARNING - DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING BELOW THIS POINT SERIOUSLY, PLEASE.

We always hear "the rules" from the female side. Now here are the
rules from the male side.  Your FEEDBACK welcome!

Please note... these rules are all numbered "1" ON PURPOSE!
1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put
it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us
complaining about you leaving it down.

1. Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the
tides. Let it be.

1. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it
that way.

1. Crying is blackmail.

1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do
not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just
say it!

1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every
question.

1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's
what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In
fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect
us to act like soap opera guys.

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the
ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it
done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it
yourself.

1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during
commercials.

1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions and neither do we.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach,
for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have
no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like
nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the
hassle.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer
you don't want to hear.

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine.
Really.

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to
discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation, or monster
trucks.

1. You have enough clothes.

1. You have too many shoes.

1. I am in shape. Round is a shape.

1. Thank you for reading this; Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the
couch tonight, but did you know men really don't mind that, it's like
camping.