NationalPLC.Org

kidsnav.gif (4714 bytes)

Contact Us

[AKidsRight.Org] Action in Wisconsin/ Superman/ Dr. Phil & Your story/ Your FEEDBACK

From: webmaster@AKidsRight.org
Date: Sun Feb 13 2005 - 12:41:08 EST

Good People & People of Faith,

This message contains info on:
1. Visit Members of Congress in Wisconsin - join Dr. Hatfield, M.D.
2. Look!  Up In the Sky! - it's Superman!
3. Dr. Phil - Wants YOU on his TV show.
4. Your FEEDBACK - Parenting EQUALITY
5. Your FEEDBACK - Action to meet Sen. Clinton & Chalk.

1. Visit Members of Congress in Wisconsin - join Dr. Hatfield, M.D.
Occasionally we ask people if they are willing to help. Dr. Malcolm
Hatfield of Racine, Wisconsin, has been locally active for reform
and had many letters published in the local newspapers. You can
read his story on our Hall of Shame page:
http://www.kids-right.org/shame3.htm#hatfield

Our message to him:
-------------------
Dr. Hatfield, ... I know you are a busy man, but are you interested
in getting some parents together and starting the legislative
process by visiting Members of Congress in your area?  That is how
we started with Clinton, by just visiting local staff, sending a few
letters, and trying to get a response.  In your case, you may have
better luck and get a real dialog -- no need for 'chalk writing'.
We do have some material at
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/legislative.htm

Most parents need someone to lead them and as a Physician you have a
lot of respect.  If we made a list announcement I'm sure we could
get local folks to join you (just 3-5 people is plenty), and not a
lot of work. If it sounds interesting, please let me know.  You are
also welcome to call during the day at any time.
-------------------

His Reply: Dr. Malcolm Hatfield <hatfield@pol.net>

> Yes, sounds great.  I know of several people in Racine who would
> be willing to do something.

If you are in the Wisconsin area and interested, please email him!
If you live in another state and are interested, please review the
legislative link (above) and let us know.

2. Look!  Up In the Sky! - it's Superman!
[Again, you have to admire the courage and resourcefulness of the
English based "Fathers-4-Justice".  They have again made the headlines
when one of their members, dressed as Superman, climbed a bridge
where a major political convention was being held nearby.  Our hats
off to Mr. Stephen Fletcher, courageous parent!  Sometimes we laugh,
but this is no game.  At the end of his effort he was arrested and
could face a criminal conviction and jail time.

Also - wasn't Superman an American invention?  Where are America's
Superhero parents?  When will Superman and Wonder Woman step forward
in the United States?  Interested?  It appears they now have a US
Web site, http://www.fathers-4-justice.us/ - Ed.]

Submitted by: Dave Ellison <mad-dogs@ntlworld.com>

--------
Superman on top of the Tyne Bridge tonight despite 3 million pounds
security operation to protect the labour party conference in
Gateshead.

Approximately 1600 police on duty for the conference.  Superman is
within the exclusion zone, similar to Spiderman in Manchester for
last years conference.

He has enough supplies to last the duration of the conference and
the labour party are low on Kryptonite and family policy, so they
are unlikely to succeed in combatting Superheroes fathers 4 Justice
yet again.

---------
National News Story: http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3D4118071>
By Rob Minchin, PA  (Thu Feb 10)

A member of fathers rights group Fathers 4 Justice tonight breached heavy
security on the eve of the Labour Party(I9(Bs spring conference to climb on top
of the famous Tyne Bridge.

Activist Stephen Fletcher, who has climbed on to other bridges in the North
East, rolled out of a moving car in order to breach heavy security at the
Tyneside landmark.

A spokesman for the group said Sunderland-based Fletcher, in his
late thirties, had avoided around 30 uniformed officers on patrol on
the bridge to climb on top.  Despite the darkness, Fletcher, who was
dressed as Superman, could just be seen on top of the bridge.

The scaffolder was planning to maintain his one-man protest until
morning, the spokesman confirmed.  Delegates are arriving tomorrow
for the start of the three-day conference, which is the last
gathering of the Labour Party before the expected General Election
in May....

-------
LATE UPDATE: (Fri Feb 11).
Steve Fletcher has come down off the bridge.

Before coming down, he climbed to the top of the bridge and waved
the banner. He has been arrested and taken to Clifford Street Police
station in Byker.

Great support from Countryside alliance who have invited Mick ( The
Banner ) Kelly to address them.  An enormous roar of support could
be heard in the background as Mick prepared to address the crowd.

3. Dr. Phil - Wants YOU on his TV show.
---------------------------------------
Submitted by: Christine Bean <christinebean2u@yahoo.com>

The Dr. Phil show is looking for a parent who had their child taken
away by an ex-spouse or a family member. Did you struggle in a court
battle that ended with you losing your children? Do you want to ask
your ex-spouse to let you have visitation with your children? Has
your ex-spouse moved out of state and you are no longer able to see
your kids? If you want to get your kids back from a family member or
ex-spouse, you want some help from Dr. Phil and YOU ARE WILLING TO
APPEAR ON THE SHOW, email us your story.

[We encourage you to send them your story.  Obviously, very few will
make it on the show.  But the VOLUME of responses will hopefully
encourage them to pay more attention to the topic in the future -
Ed.]

http://tinyurl.com/4j4qo
OR
https://www.drphil.com/drphilplugger/templates/BeOnTheShow.jhtml?action=respond&plugId=D156700007

4. Your FEEDBACK - Parenting EQUALITY.
-------------------------------------
If you read only ONE FEEDBACK in this message, we encourage you to
read that from Jahlul below.  A perspective which includes Faith.
If you want to read some recent list messsages they are at:
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/archive/archive2005

--- Jahlul <IAMJAHLUL@aol.com>

> .. you are an encouragement to me and many other parent's that are
> experiencing the cruel and inhumane treatment that we receive from
> the family court systems. Today I can say that with the proper
> faith being jailed is no more than Daniel and Meshack and his
> brothers being put in the fire. They survived and we will survive
> with the same faith. It is God that gave us the responsibilit y as
> parent to our children. I have more respect our God that is a true
> and loving God, than to fear what anyone else threatens to do to
> me for refusing not to follow man's law before God's law. We are
> fooling ourself's if we think that the system's has our families
> best interest. The courts have demonstrated that they interest is
> the power over our families and the money they receive for
> destroying our families.

Yes, we have a God given right that needs to be protected.

> After being treated like a terrorist and criminal in court. I
> don't see any justice coming from the court's, we must address
> legislation, and make the changes there. You are on point John and
> we must get more media and news publications involved....

> ... I remember a saying by a great man name Martin Luther King, "
> its not about what these people are willing to do to me, its about
> what we are willing to do, to uphold our God given right to be
> parents."

Yes, that is a good saying.  We should not focus on others, but on
ourselves.

--- Ron Jagannathan <ron.jagannathan@gmail.com>

http://www.americasvoices.org/avarc2001/pdffiles/Hubin%20Parental%20Rights%20And%20Due%20Process.pdf

--- Rob <rob@themindquest.org>

> Equal parenting will only be achieved by both parents looking to
> protect the interest of the children.

> Looking after your own interest will only cause the other gender
> to look after his or hers. Then it becomes a question of who has
> more power or cunning of both to subjugate the other. If the
> stronger side wins, the other side will feel deprived and there
> will still be no justice and no equal parenting to look after the
> best interest of the children.

> To turn this around there can be no other way but to have a
> families movement who's job is to look after the interest of the
> children.

> What fathers are doing now is good because they are beginning to
> project the image that they care about more than themselves which
> is the image that the other side has been propagating for
> decades. It is necessary to achieve that image to entice women's
> groups to join men's groups to come together to achieve a common
> goal.

> Hopefully it will work out that way in the end.

I'm not so sure about women's groups joining men's groups -- but it
could happen!

Rob's reply:

--- Steve <steve66oh@yahoo.com>

> Here's an interesting read from Bruce Reed, president of the
> Democratic Leadership Council and domestic policy advisor to
> (then) President Clinton:

> http://www.ndol.org/ndol_ci.cfm?cp=1&kaid=114&subid=144&contentid=250089
> I especially like the way he observes that "..85% of those who
> don't pay are men", while ignoring the fact that 85% of those who
> DO pay are men.

Boy, that was a depressing article.  It is hard to believe how
little empathy Bruce Reed has for what is happening -- of course, it
probably never happened to him.  I always have to be careful in
thinking these people are insensitive -- before 'it' happened to me
-- I might have agreed with him!

5. Your FEEDBACK - Action to meet Sen. Clinton & Chalk

--- Robert Lisk <rg-lisk@att.net>

--- Teri in Cali <shared.parenting.works@gmail.com>

--- Mary <mbreynol@sbcglobal.net>

--- "Barbara Townley" <townley@cox.net>

> Years ago I read about a man in-I think-Poland who wrote antiNazi
> slogans on his sidewalk. The Nazi's came to make him remove it. He
> dressed in his army uniform and all his medals (although elderly
> he had been a hero in the army in WWI) and scrubbed the
> sidewalk. Then the troops clubbed him to death there in front of
> everyone. No one spoke up.

Wow, that is a powerful story and should make people think.
If you are going to "stand up for your rights", you really have to
be ready and not lose your Faith.

Barbara's Reply:

--- MrJeep@aol.com

> i live in Allentown, PA, but i would be there otherwise.
> http://www.copecarpet.com/USERS/MrJeep/priceless/Priceless.htm

Thanks for the words of support.  I went to your web site -- the
take-off on the MasterCard add is great!  You have a really cute boy
there!

--- thehawk296 <thehawk@wt.net>

> Rhetoric

I don't usually disagree, but in this case I think you have chosen
the wrong word.  This is not about 'talk', but action.  It is about
'doing' -- and a little explanation of why and how.

--- "Darren Binkley" <darren38@hotmail.com>

--- Steven Baxter <sbaxter@linknet.com.au>

---  w w <dadsareforever@yahoo.com>

--- TJ HIMES <tjerrakhan@hotmail.com>

> The only thing that i can say, is that i want you to know that i
> back you and your efforts. I wish you the best of luck in yoru
> endeavors.

--- yuo4yuo4

> Hey that is a good idea with the chalk. GO FOR it. I read your
> other post when you did that and I applaud you. Do it some more,
> and keep doing it. Stand before the judge and say your heart say
> to the full. Then do it again till the press gets involved, and
> have your say where people will listen. DO IT. It is only chalk
> and washes off. It is not the chalk-- it is what you write that
> they protest so make them hear you.

Yes, it is not the chalk, but the principal of the action and the
courage and conviction you show by doing it.

> I'm not fearful of the authorities in open protest, not in the
> least. Marches, sign burnings in effigy of CPS, and meeting face
> to face in open debate and open forms. Our cause can never be more
> right, just, and noble. What ever it takes without hurting some or
> cause property damage to others. That is where I draw the hard
> line and will I not cross.

> Look at the Blacks in the south when they wanted civil rights of
> human decency one to an other. They dressed nice, had their signs,
> and as a group they marched peacefully in plain sight of every
> one, with professional behavior�and so they were heard. And it
> took more than once for them to get noticed. They were RIGHT and
> their cause was honorable, and others whites had to relate to them
> as the "people" that they are.

We have some good history on Martin Luther King at the site,
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil_back.htm -- but I think we need to
be careful about 'nonviolence'.  The Blacks were clearly oppressed
by the Whites, but King did not call Whites names or burn them in
effigy.  He reject not only physical violence, but also name calling
and slander -- he kept it positive by focusing on being treated with
equal dignity (who could disagree with that).  I don't think venting
at CPS folks does much for the cause of reform -- the clear message
ought to be we love our kids and were unjustly separated.  We need
to be found guilty of REAL crimes against our kids, before
government can step in -- and have the protection of a Jury.

Please understand, what the Whites did to the Blacks was NOT right.
What some social workers do is NOT right, some acts are illegal and
need to be punished.  They need to be reported and prosecuted -- but
we need to keep that separate from personal slander.  They are still
people and deserve to be treated with respect and dignity (the same
treatment we want).