NationalPLC.Org

kidsnav.gif (4714 bytes)

Contact Us

[AKidsRight.Org] Action for Reform: Vancouver, London, California & Our Mailbag

From: webmaster@AKidsRight.Org
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 17:09:39 EST

Good People & People of Faith:

This message contains info on:

1. Vancouver, BC - Burnaby Batman over freeway on Feb 4
2. London - MSNBC covers Captain America, Batman and Robin climb Foreign Office.
3. SecondWivesClub.Com - Write Dr. Phil on March 22
4. F4J-USA, Valentines Day, CA - first time protester.
5. Our Mailbag - YOUR messages and why we work for reform.

1. Vancouver,BC - Burnaby Batman over freeway on Feb 4
Submitted by: Burnaby Batman <who_s_my_daddy2000@yahoo.ca>

Greetings from Vancouver BC Canada and the Burnaby
Batman.

This afternoon at 3:15 PM Batman walked along the freeway overpass at
Boundary Rd. and Broadway.  At mid span he climbed over the edge and
jumped down upon a ledge about 5 feet below that extended outward for
about ten feet and was about 35 feet above Broadway ave.

For those commuters heading home, were in absolute shock to witness
Batman climbing over the edge and jumping down. For those individuals
it would appear that I was leaping to my death,lol. As I did so I saw
many quickly grabbing for their phones...

Once I was upon the ledge I walked outward the ten feet,35 feet
directly above Broadway Ave. Those motorists below now seeing me
above them were shocked also with many looking straight up with utter
confusion.

I then raised my sign which read: Have A Heart with a red cutout
heart with Dad written within it. Below that it read " F4J Canada"
and below that our web address.

At this point our camera person was now in position and clicking away.

Traffic heading east and west could also see me from above being only
able to see me from the waist up.  The motorists loved it and to them
it would have the illusion affect of me floating in mid air....
Their horns were going in support and many were now on their
cells..........

I remained perilously perched for the next ten minutes when a little
bird inside me told me it was time to vacate. I did............

When the camera person and I were leaving from the McDonald's parking
lot minutes away the first patrol car arrived....  This Bat and his
co pilot made a hasty retreat, getting away to fly another day...

At 3:42 while exiting Vancouver it was announced that a protester was
putting up signs between Boundary and Willingdon on 1130 news radio.
By 4:00 PM two cop cars were sighted doing a slow drive by searching
for our Bat who was now safely on his way home.... If I had of
remained up there for 5 more minutes I would not be making this post
until tomorrow.

Best Wishes: R.Robinson - Burnaby Batman

[It appears the he was later arrested for another event. As the message
below describes, the 'crown' decided it was best to drop the charges. -Ed.]

From: "Zorro" <kidshelp@cogeco.ca> 2/25/05

> This Morning at 9:00 AM special agent M.W and the Burnaby Bat came
> before Justice at the adult criminal court in Vancouver BC Canada
> for a preliminary hearing before trial April 15, 2005.........

> Batman's legal counsel briefly had a discussion with crown before
> the hearing at which point my counsel asked me to step out of the
> court room with him.  Once outside the court room my counsel
> informed me that crown was staying the proceedings. I was shocked
> and at first a little bummed and asked why. My counsel informed me
> that crown did not feel it was in the publics best interest to hear
> the matter ........

> As such once back in front of the justice it was officially
> confirmed that the crown would not be pursuing any criminal charges
> against me. The good justice thanked me for coming and said I was
> free to go as the matter had been stayed. Not even a stern warning
> about possibly doing it again, nothing.  Not even probation. Just
> as though I had never done the deed. I walk away a free Bat to fly
> again once more.

>  Whats a Bat to do????????? Climb a bridge????????
>  Lets Rocknroll ...........................

> "Batman" - Coming to a high place near you..........  >

2. London - MSNBC covers Captain America, Robin and Batman climb Foreign Office.
Submitted by: "Zorro" <kidshelp@cogeco.ca>

By Adam Butler / AP/ Reuters

Members of Fathers 4 Justice climbed onto a ledge at Britain's
Foreign Office on Monday, dressed as Captain America, Robin and
Batman.

LONDON - A fathers' rights group that has already pelted Prime
Minister Tony Blair and scaled Buckingham Palace staged a "superhero"
protest near Blair's Downing Street home on Monday.

Dressed as Batman, Robin and Captain America, three men used a ladder
to climb up the Foreign Office building onto a narrow ledge about 30
feet up on the corner of Downing Street. They did not breach
security.

They unfurled a banner referring to Blair's Labour Party government
that said: "Access denied. Don't let Labour stop you being a
Superdad" as a crowd gathered below and police tried to talk them
down.

The Fathers 4 Justice group is campaigning for better treatment by
the courts for divorced fathers - specifically in visitation rights
to their children.

ALSO http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=4191949

> Women's minister Patricia Hewitt explained why the Government would
> not comply with the protesters¹ key demand for a 50-50 share of
> access between mother and father.  "Children are not property to be
> divided 50-50 like the goods divided between a couple on divorce,"
> she said.  "What we have recently put forward are proposals that
> will give children much more time with both their parents ­ the
> non-resident parent as well as the resident parent."

3.  (REMOVED)

4. F4J-USA, Valentines Day, CA - first time protester.

Submitted by: Teri in Cali <shared.parenting.works@gmail.com>
 "Queen of Purple Hearts" <f4j.us.queen.of.purple.hearts@gmail.com>

The day finally arrived, after two nights of not being able to get to
sleep until 4 am.

I woke to an overcast sky and a 60% chance of rain in San Rafael. And
I left the house without my umbrella.

The costume-maker said my crown and scepter would be ready Monday
morning, but when I called she was 45 minutes out of town. Luckily I
was able to go to her house and get them from her son.

My daughter Amy and I loaded up the (purple!) van with the flags,
signs, hats, flyers, water, soda and snacks. We picked up her friend
Ryan and headed out of town. Half an hour later we picked up Mark and
stopped by a copy store to run off his flyers. There was a costume
store in the shopping center so we tried to find a princess crown for
Amy, to go with the long formal dress she had on. I was surprised at
how few people in the parking lot noticed me in my get-up. Okay, I
know, it's California, but come on! When Mark was done recruiting
class action participants in the copy store we headed for San Rafael.

We arrived about 2 pm. San Rafael was in a downpour. We stopped to
pick up some burgers and after Mark was done recruiting more people
for the class action in the burger joint we headed off to meet
Adryenn.

We decided it best to move the rally down about half a block, so we
would be under an overpass...(dry). At 2:30 pm we set up shop,
(commandeered the entire area), by attaching the flag poles to the
fence every few feet and hanging the F4J sign with rope between a
pole and a tree. I have to say I applaud the police department. A few
cruisers passed by and we were not hassled about anything.

Around 3 pm Pete, John, Bob and Steve arrived, as did Adryenn's film
crew. I put the black top hats with purple bands on as many
participants I could and offered my signs as an addition to theirs.

You should have seen us in action! We were on a 4-lane one-way
street. Every time the light turned red and the cars started slowing
down they were approached from both sides of the street. Amy, Ryan
and I passed out F4J /shared parenting flyers, Bob, dressed in a
judge's robe, passed out flyers on constitutional rights, and John
and Mark passed out flyers on the class action. I told everyone
"Happy Valentines Day!" as I handed them my flyer. I have named John
"Wildman John" for his ability to weave between cars, even when they
were moving. We had 3 extra volunteers too. Robert saw an ad that
Adryenn had posted and showed up to help. And Danielle and a
gentleman, who I believe is named Richard, were each walking by and
stayed to help.

Around 5:30 pm I realized we had passed out all of my flyers and
Adryenn and the film crew were leaving. I was cold and wet from
moving around the corner each time the light changed so more people
could read my sign, which put me in the rain. We decided it was time
to go home.

I had a great time. I'm disappointed that no media showed up, but I
know how many people in San Rafael now know about F4J and the
problems in the family courts. I was a little surprised at how many
women gave us thumbs up. They seemed to like the "Dads love kids too"
sign the best. The men gave us painfully knowing nods. Many people
honked their horns. The one that stands out is the guy who read the
"Honk if you miss your kids" sign and laid hard on his horn 2 times.

I want to thank Jamil and Dave for giving us great leadership. You
are the reason I'm here, in Fathers-4-Justice (US). I am proud and
honored to be working with you.

I'd like to end with this:

Hats, snacks and sign-making materials........$30
300 half-sheet double-sided flyers............$32
Dress, cape, wig, crown and scepter...........$65

This note from a father who saw the photos of our rally and was
touched by these words, *I was a little surprised at how many women
gave us thumbs up. They seemed to like the "Dads love kids too" sign
the best. The men gave us painfully knowing nods. Many people honked
their horns. The one that stands out is the guy who read the "Honk if
you miss your kids" sign and laid hard on his horn 2
times*,... "Thank you Teri, thank you so much.  This means so much to
me and to so many. I couldn't stop crying".............PRICELESS!

I love you guys,
Teri aka Queen of Purple Hearts

I suppose I should add that you can join me in supporting our brave
superheros and fabulous stunts by sending a blank email to
f4jusa-subscribe@yahoogroups.com or by visiting this webpage

5. Our Mailbag - YOUR messages and why we work for reform.
--- Kari <twilightmoon1@netzero.com>

> I want to help in the fight against corruption in our American
> Judicial System and Child Protection Services. Parents and children
> have rights to be together and to not have the family destroyed due
> to false allegations of child abuse!

It is really great to see people willing to get involved in what may
well be the biggest disgrace in our country - The American Judicial
System/Family Law. Thanks for taking the time to register with
AKidsRight.org Hopefully you've had a chance to peruse the website.
Kevin <contact@AKidsRight.Org>

--- EJ <enieto1981@hotmail.com>

> Hello, I am a New York State resident and I recently broke up with
> my girlfriend.  After the breakup, she informed me that she was
> pregnant with my child and when I suggested that she have an
> abortion, she refused.  The reason I suggested this solution is
> because I know that I will never want to get back together with her,
> and therefore don't feel it would be fair for the child to be born
> into a broken home.

> Since she has decided that she is going to have this child, I want
> to make sure that I have the opportunity to be the best father that
> I can be.  Consequently, I want Joint legal custody, and especially
> Joint physical custody of this child (which will be born in
> August).  I have a good job, and live with my mother(who doesn't
> work and is ready, willing, and capable of caring for the child
> while I'm at work), and I am also willing to move out on my own into
> a house(if it will make me more likely of receiving Joint Physical
> custody).  I have a clean criminal re!  cord, and I am a college
> graduate.

> Can you please tell me what my chances of receiving Joint physical
> custody are?  and give me any suggestion of what my next course of
> action should be.  Thank you for time and consideration.

Your question is a valid one, but difficult to answer. Basically, you
are at the mercy of whichever judge you happen to be
assigned. Although many of them may be well-intentioned, each has
their own particular bias. That is a huge part of the problem with the
current family law system. There are no real boundaries, and as a
result, many people, both kids & parents, are hurt badly on a daily
basis. (I wish I had more positive news for you.)

I recommend you read some books on the whole custody issue and make
sure you consult an attorney. Spend some time picking a good one,
because your future and your child's depend upon it.  I applaud you
for wanting to be involved in your child's life. It is the best
decision you could make. Pretty soon, that will be the most important
part of your life. I wish you the best of luck.
Kevin <contact@AKidsRight.Org>

                                   Webmaster