NationalPLC.Org

kidsnav.gif (4714 bytes)

Contact Us

[AKidsRight.Org] Your FEEDBACK: On challenging a license suspension for 'support'.

From: AKidsRight.Org Webmaster (webmaster@akidsright.org)
Date: Fri Dec 16 2005 - 17:56:08 EST

Good People & People of Faith,

This message has your FEEDBACK, and a lot of it!  There was a great
response to what happened to John Murtari and his effort regarding a
license suspension (please see http://www.AKidsRight.Org/support) for
details.

All the messages here were 'positive' -- there were some others and we
will have another message with just those.  We may all find some very
useful thoughts there also.

One note: Some messages below make John seem like a Father's Rights
activist. He is not.  The AKidsRight.Org goal is getting the Civil
Rights of Parent's recognized -- BOTH mothers and fathers should be
recognized as FIT and EQUAL parents to their children. See ->
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/approach.htm

---  Harry <hdpham2001@yahoo.com>

--- "Terv" <arvida@renc.igs.net>

--- Rose Johnson <ijaa2004@yahoo.com>

--- Kim Berry <kberry@surewest.net>

--- cimini.family@att.net

> Just two words:  Congrats and Appeal!

Yes, thanks for the message.  I'd like to appeal but just don't have
the time/resources to do it properly.  Had tried to get a Civil Rights
law firm to take it, but they declined.

--- claire pink <clairerify@yahoo.com>

--- Theresa Martin <allaboutme38@yahoo.com>

--- Addi <Addiwallner@aol.com>

--- Ann Adams <ann.adams95340@gmail.com>

--- Fran  <GFGriner@aol.com>

> You are absolutely doing the right thing.  A guy I know is just too
> worn down in fighting against his license suspension and all for
> child support, and in periods of depression, he cannot fight it at
> this time, UNLESS he gets arrested for driving after 3 years, more
> than 500 times probably!!  Then, if does get arrested, I hope he has
> the strength to do what you are doing.  I will give him your latest
> notice to give him support.

> I have the names of over 7000 names and addresses of suspensions in
> my county alone!!  This law is totally unconstitutional.

 Florida Case Law

--- howard deaton <outlet110volts@yahoo.com>

--- Diane Booth  <Childrescue2006@aol.com>

--- Chris <cjs@mykid2.org>

--- "Byron Prior" <alltrue@nl.rogers.com>

--- Robert Lisk <rg-lisk@worldnet.att.net>

--- Dennis Barlotta <dbarlotta@yahoo.com>

> Each night I read your messages and they break my heart. We are far
> from perfect; each of us has made mistakes. And when we are at our
> lowest point, these vultures descend upon us. To suppose a judge, an
> attorney, any member of the Family Court System has anything other
> than then own pocketbook in mind, is, based upon my experience,
> insanity.

> They are the pigs George Orwell wrote about. To suppose that one can
> proceed within their system and expect justice is madness. The very
> best we can do is survive until there is nothing more they can take
> from us.

> And there is one more thing we can do. We can speak to those men yet
> to marry and tell them what awaits them. I would say to them, assume
> everything I tell you is untrue, and so check for yourself. Ask what
> the child support guide lines are in your state. Ask what the
> penalties are for some someone who does not pay what he is ordered
> to pay. Call a lawyer in your home town, tell him you and your wife
> have split up, ask what is it going to cost for the divorce.

> ... Provide them work sheets and verifiable references that will
> enable them to understand what is at risk.

> Now do I believe all of them will listen to us? NO. But if one
> person at a time does, and we can begin to influence men not to
> marry and father children then I believe laws will change, not
> because the government cares about the people but because it cares
> about itself.

> The only way to win in the Family Court is to never go there in the
> first place.

Thanks for taking the time to write a thoughtful message.  It really
is a bad system and an indignity to any parent.  I do draw hope from
the fact many people would have had a similar perspective on
Segregation back in the 40s -- that it would never change. But it did
and significantly.  With some Faith, I believe we can do the same.

--- John <jschmeidler@ruraltel.net>

--- Edward Kruk <kruk@interchange.ubc.ca>

--- Bill Brantmeyer <daklane2000@yahoo.com>

--- dion muncrief <dionmuncr@yahoo.com>

--- Roger Baril <somaticsmove@yahoo.com>

> dear john, i read your letter to the judge and your affidavit. i
> face similar things as a good father for my 3 1/2 year old girl. i
> am so sorry for you in the way the system has treated you. very
> similar to me. i will be most interested in what happens for you in
> this case. i commend you greatly sir, for making such a stand in
> truth and dignity. do not back down. you are doing a great thing on
> behalf of many men who are being denied access to their
> children. again, i would provide a letter of support for you if i
> can help. i see my girl 10% and we live 2 miles apart in a small
> town. this is a tragic loss for lyla with her dad. the mother has a
> new boyfriend who has moved in with my daughter now. all of a sudden
> there is a big difficulty with this man who has a huge influence to
> my little girl while i am way out on the outskirts. it is so wrog
> and invasive. it does not make a bit of sense. WHY?  are fathers so
> disregarded???  best wishes,

> dear john, i read the results of your case. i hope you might still
> file it to a higher court with the requests that the civil AND
> constitutional agenda be addressed and ruled upon. you have a little
> momentum and this makes it a good timing. but get a good attorney
> that might serve from http://www.fathersrightsny.com/ at 7166358323
> thoughts? roger

Well, I would like to appeal.  That is why I submitted a formal motion
on the constitutional issues before the trial.  It is in PDF form at
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/support

I personally don't have the time/resources to do it alone.  I did try
with a local Civil Right's law firm, but they weren't interested.  If
you think you can pitch it to someone you know, I would be very happy
to cooperate with them.

--- Robert Gartner <planetaryg@yahoo.com>

--- Robert Smith <ras212@optonline.net>

--