[AKidsRight.Org] News Events - England, Canada, California, Indiana, New York

From: AKidsRight.Org Webmaster (webmaster@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2006 - 16:41:06 EDT

Good People & People of Faith,

This message has info on recent and upcoming events:

1. Parents climb Westminster Abby on Good Friday.
2. News from Canada - The HULK in Court - 17 April.
3. California Alert - April 25th Vote, make move away easier!
4. Parental Alienation Awareness Day - April 25.
5. Indiana Civil Rights Council - join National Class Action suit.
6. LEAD - Lobby Day in New York - May 9th.
7. Parents Without Rights - Florida

If you would like your event posted to our list, over 5000 members,
please submit the form at: http://www.AKidsRight.Org/events.htm

1. Parents climb Westminster Abby on Good Friday
[A bit of explanation before you read the below.  The original
Fathers-4-Justice website is at http://www.fathers-4-justice.org/,
most stories report the group has 'disbanded' to some extent.  Another
group of parents has started "Real" Fathers For Justice, they have web
sites at: http://www.realfathersforjustice.org/
http://www.fathersforjustice.org/ & http://www.fathers4justice.org/

We like most of their efforts and the risks they take for reform.
We'd really like to see a Families-For-Justice -- our identity is not
just Dads - Ed.]

--- Submitted  by: Arte Miastkowski <arte_miastkowski@yahoo.com>

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/articles/PA_NEWA18446561145019519A00?source=PA%20Feed

  Abbey protest pair arrested - 14 April 2006 - Two fathers' rights
  campaigners who scaled Westminster Abbey have been arrested by
  police.  The men were arrested at the historic London landmark's
  West Tower, after spending the night on a balcony, a Scotland Yard
  spokeswoman said.  (Follow link above for full story).

2. News from Canada - The HULK in Court - 17 April
Submitted by: Burnaby Batman <who_s_my_daddy2000@yahoo.ca>

Greetings from Vancouver BC Canada and the Bat.

The link below will take you to the on line edition of the Surrey Now
Newspaper article with the BC Hulk and F4J Canada, regarding the
recent conviction the Hulk received for having scaled the Alex Fraser
bridge in Vancouver BC May 07/05.

http://www.thenownewspaper.com/issues06/043106/news/043106nn5.html

Trust the media to once more confuse the facts. It should be known
that Chris Wyatt was not dressed as spiderman and was not on the
Pattullo bridge that same morning.

Chris was not dressed in a costume and was merely upon the Alex Fraser
bridge helping the Hulk achieve his task and was unable to escape to
safety as 6 squad cars converged upon he and the Hulk before he could
get down.

The Spiderman upon the Pattullo bridge that same morning was another
who has not been officially identified.

3. California Alert - April 25th Vote, make move away easier - two messages
[This one is hard to take and should remind us we still have to make
real progress.  In California they want to make the fact that you have
limited contact with your child when a move away occurs -- just an
'incidental' that shouldn't even be worth mentioning in Court. - The
Glennsacks.com website (link below) makes it easy for you to send a
FAX to the committee members. Ed.]

--- Submitted by: "Teri" shared.parenting.works@gmail.com

Senator Gloria Romero yesterday amended an unwelcome but relatively
limited-reaching bill on parental move-aways, so as to amend the
California Family Code to feature the new subdivision:

    A parent seeking to restrain a child's relocation shall
    make a prima facie showing, setting forth specific facts,
    as to the harm the child will suffer as a result of the
    relocation which necessitates a change in the child's
    custody. Normal incidences of moving, including, but not
    limited to, increased distance from the noncustodial parent,
    change of schools or neighborhoods, or alteration of the
    custody or visitation schedule, are insufficient in and of
    themselves to establish detriment or prejudice, and shall
    not be the basis for an evidentiary hearing regarding the
    relocation.
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/postquery?bill_number=sb_1482&sess=CUR

--- Submitted by: "Eric D. Tarkington" <etarking@ooadvocate.com>

http://www.glennsacks.com/enewsletters/enews_4_18_06.htm

Based on an alert from Glenn Sacks: There's some urgency here.  A
harmful maneuver is happening Tuesday, April 25 in a California Senate
committee.

Some California state senators are trying to slip in a last-minute
amendment that would prevent noncustodial parents "from citing the
moves impact on their children's relationships with them or the
effects of the children losing their schools and friends."  The case
law in the state currently says that courts must consider these
impacts on the child, so that there is at least some chance of
protecting the child from losing all contact with a parent.

Pushers of the amendment apparently don't want to see an NCP defending
the children from a custodial parent who wants to move children for
her own self-interest, even in the frequently man-hating family court.

California groups are rushing to intercept this amendment in
committee, and they are asking for help.  They need to get
Californians visiting http://www.accama.org/take_action.php#action and
adding their voices to the resistance.  The big thing in these
campaigns is getting out the word, so pass it on if you can.

4. Parental Alienation Awareness Day - April 25
-- "ROBIN DENISON" <Buckey01@msn.com>

We are working hard to make April 25 Parental Alienation Awareness Day
a success.

The web site for Parental Alienation Awareness Day is:
http://www.parental-alienation-awareness.com/ =20

Hopefully, together, we can help people understand and put an end to
this painful and destructive situation.

5. Indiana Civil Rights Council - join National Class Action suit.

Submitted by: Torm Howse, President, Indiana Civil Rights Council

Could you please post, on your next newsletter ... a "newsblip"
that I have launched "Round 2" of the nationwide group lawsuits --
this time against each and every one of the 3142 counties in the USA?:
http://www.indianacrc.org/

6. LEAD - Lobby Day in New York - May 9th
---------------------------------------
Submitted by: Arte Miastkowski <arte_miastkowski@yahoo.com>

L.E.A.D. is Tuesday May 9, 2006 in hearing room "C" of the Legislative
Office Building!  Download the flyer HERE which includes the schedule
for the day.  Call YOUR ASSEMBLYPERSON and SENATOR and make an
appointment to meet with them (between 9 and 11:30am or 1:30 and
4:00pm).  Plan on attending the Press Conference at 11:30am and also
the Panel discussion at 12:30 (which is being taped for airing as a
special).  Download the flyer and schedule HERE.  Take the day off,
bring the family!

7. Parents Without Rights - Florida
Submitted by: Grayson <Help@parentswithoutrights.org>

--