Convince Sen. Clinton, help us Jan 15th in Syracuse!

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2008 - 21:02:56 EST

Good People & People of Faith,

A brief message on resumption of efforts to convince Sen. Hillary
Clinton to meet with us and hear how our families were destroyed by
the 'system'.  With the Presidential campaign in full swing, this is
our time to demonstrate what an important issue Family Law reform is.
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/clinton

Jailed in Syracuse, January 15, Martin Luther King's Birthday
Tuesday, January 15th, is Martin Luther King's birthday.  I can't
think of a better day for a loving parent to risk peaceful arrest and
be jailed for recognition of our GREAT Civil Right to be presumed
FIT & EQUAL parents. http://www.AKidsRight.Org/approach.htm

Parents arrested with no bull-horn, no animosity, and no anger toward
our brothers & sisters (which include the other parent, judges,
lawyers, social workers, etc.), but always first to say I'm doing this
because........ my most precious right to love my child is being
violated! (The exclamation point being made not by frothing at the
mouth, but by voluntarily surrendering personal freedom.)  The great
power of what Martin Luther King and Mahatma Gandhi called NonViolent
Action. http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil_back.htm

A Powerful Message
------------------
Parents not only making a statement about reform, but also sending a
message to the world that social change and justice can be promoted
without violence toward others. A lesson that Faith, Love, and
Personal Sacrifice are even more powerful -- truly commemorating
another birthday that we remembered on December 25th.

Imagine the tremendous publicity we'd receive if even 3-5 parents were
arrested outside Sen. Clinton's offices in Syracuse.  I believe it
would convince her to meet face-to-face with us,
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/clinton/agenda.htm -- a public meeting that
would certainly open the doors to other public officials.

Let's turn around in our thinking, stop ranting and raving about how
'they' are ignoring our GREAT Civil Right to raise and nurture our own
children.  Let's look in the mirror and realize how much we fall short
in our 'actions'. GREAT rights are defined by the sacrifice made by
those who started to believe in them.  That's 'us'.

Many of us have responsibility for other children who need our care --
but there are many who do not.  Parents who have been stripped of
their children and now just get by in an almost meaningless existence,
sometimes full of things, but no family?

You want 'me' to risk arrest in an effort that might not matter, but
could cost me the little I've managed to hold on to?  Yes.

Ready to Go!
------------
There will be more details coming before the 15th. I will certainly be
there and hopefully will have a crowd of not only well wishers, but
also participants.

I just finished a great Christmas Vacation with my 14 year old son.
Eight whole days together!  We had a great time. I'm so thankful and
eager to 'give back' in a sense of appreciation for what I had (and so
many parents and children were denied by the system over the holiday).
http://www.murtari.org/photoGallery/index.cgi?album=A_Winter_2007&mode=view

Please
------
I try to answer everyone who sends me a message.  It takes a lot of
time! Before sending, please review all the links above -- they should
answer most of your questions.  No need to remind me this might be a
'useless and bad idea, a wasted effort'.  I already know that and you
may be right in some ways -- but that is what makes it sacrifice.  The
results are not a sure thing at all.

Observers are welcome, if you are interested in being a participant,
taking chalk and writing "I LOVE YOU" to your kids, and "SEN. CLINTON
HELP US" -- what's the worst that could happen?  You could get a
Federal Criminal record, a large fine, and 60 days in jail.  I don't
think it's likely, but if you are not ready for that -- please help in
other ways.

If you think you are ready please email me, John Murtari, at
jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org, give me a phone number and a good time to
call.

Best regards!

P.S. Got a lot of interesting FEEDBACK on Britney Spears, that will be
coming soon.  What are our goals?  What is our right?
--
                                       John Murtari
Coordinator                            AKidsRight.Org