"Support?" interview on Rollye James XM/ F4J Canada Update!

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2008 - 15:56:24 EDT

All the information in our messages is FREE for reuse as you desire.
Subscribe/unsubscribe info at end.

Good People & People of Faith:

The list had been pretty quiet for several weeks and I want to
apologize for the recent burst of activity!  We normally only send out
about one-two messages/week. The movie, "Support? System Down", has
generated quite a bit of activity and I'd like to announce one more
update on that, and also add some more info regarding the recent F4J
activity in Canada.

1. Interview TONIGHT by Rollye James - Angelo Lobo, Producer of "Support?"
2. F4J Canada - more details regarding PlywoodMan, SpiderMan, and
                Mr. Incredible!
3. F4J Canada - good words of support. Can you help these parents?

1. Interview TONIGHT by Rollye James - Angelo Lobo, Producer of "Support?"
Ms. Rollye James may be well know to many of you.  She has a late
night talk show on XM Satellite Radio, Chan 165, from 10PM - 1AM (EDT).
Those of us without XM can listen via her website:

http://www.rollye.net/listen.html

She will be speaking to the Producer of the Movie, "Support? System
Down", Mr. Angelo Lobo.  The interview is scheduled to begin at 10PM
EDT.  You may also be able to call in and ask questions and make
comments.

For more info on the Movie, http://www.SupportTheMovie.Com/

2. F4J Canada - more details regarding PlywoodMan, SpiderMan, and
                Mr. Incredible!
The F4J folks in Canada seem to be doing an excellent job in keeping
up the pressure on a politician (Hon. Jack Layton, M.P. Leader of the
NDP) who told the press he wasn't aware of family law concerns by his
constituents!   For more details on the original Superhero action on
top of his office building, see:

http://f4jcanada.com/OntarioPages/No_Dads_Party_August_08_08.html

Recently, Ms. Kris Titus, the National Coordinator for F4J Canada
sent this message to him and to the press.

Submitted by: Kris Titus <bigwonderwoman@gmail.com>

PRESS RELEASE -- Contact: Kris Titus, National Coordinator
Phone: 1-888-345-2262 ext. 704

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- August 12, 2008

Open Letter from F4J Fathers 4 Justice Canada to Jack Layton

2008-08-12        VIA EMAIL AND REGISTERED MAIL

                  OPEN LETTER ON EQUAL PARENTING

F4J Fathers 4 Justice Canada
202-812 12th Street,
New Westminster,
BC
V3M 4K1

Hon. Jack Layton, M.P.
Leader of the NDP,
221 Broadview Ave-Suite 100,
Toronto,ON M4M 2G4

Dear Mr. Layton:

Re: NDP Policy on Equal Parenting

We are pleased to note from your CTV interview of 2008-08-08 that you
describe yourself as 'accessible' and with a 'reputation for
responding well and fast'. Regrettably, your constituency staff have not
been responding to telephone calls, emails and letters on Equal Parenting
from numerous Canadians and our members, sometimes for months on end.

We therefore submit this Open Letter on Equal Parenting to you, and
invite you to likewise respond in public, either directly or via response
that we shall release to the media:

1.     Does the NDP support parliamentary Private Members Motion M-483 on
Equal Parenting?

M-483  April 11, 2008
[http://www2.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/GetWebOptionsCallBack.aspx?SourceSystem=PRISM&ResourceType=Affiliation&ResourceID=78730&language=1&DisplayMode=2]
Mr. Vellacott (Saskatoon'Wanuskewin) That, in the opinion of the
House, the government should propose amendments to the Divorce Act so
that law and practice ensure due process protection of rights and
equality of parents, and to ensure that children benefit from equal
parenting from both their mother and their father, after separation or
divorce.

2.     If not, what amendment is the NDP prepared to put forward to make
the motion acceptable?

3.     Will the NDP publicly commit to allow its members an unfettered
free vote on M-483 free from party discipline and sanctions?

4.     What is the official NDP policy on Equal Parenting, and, should it
not have one, when will the NDP commit to publishing a policy in public?

We note that in a February 2007 SES Poll, 79% of Canadians, and 76% of
NDP voters supported Equal Parenting in response to the question:

Do you strongly support, somewhat support, somewhat oppose or strongly
oppose federal and provincial legislation to create a presumption of equal
parenting in child custody cases?

We believe Equal Parenting and Family Rights are too important to be
partisan issues, and we seek all-party support for long overdue family
law reform. If Denmark and Australia, among others, can adopt equal
parenting provisions, there is no reason for

Canada to be a laggard.

While we note with favour that Mr. Paul Dewar will apparently be
tabling a Private Members Bill (PMB) this autumn to help equalize tax
treatment for divorced parents, we specifically seek your position on
more substantive Equal Parenting issues that are clearly important to
most Canadians and NDP supporters, as polls indicate.

Should we not hear from you in ten business days, we shall reasonably
conclude that you have explicitly chosen not make yourself accessible
to Canadians and the media after all.

F4J Fathers-4-Justice (Canada) advocates for Equal Parenting and
Family Law reform on behalf of those children and parents brutalized
and bankrupted by the current divorce industry. We pride ourselves on
our twin track campaign of non-violent direct action and political
activism. It's time for all parliamentarians to address this national
tragedy for the sake of the children.

In good faith,

Kris Titus

National Co-ordinator

[mailto:office@fathers-4-justice-canada.ca]
office@fathers-4-justice-canada.ca

1-888-345-2262 ext. 704

3. F4J Canada - good words of support. Can you help these parents?

Submitted by: Martin Gibb <martingibb@mailcity.com>

I'm not currently an F4J member but I do support these efforts.

I was the only person in court this morning for Mark Bogan's
appearance. It was mental health court to determine his "competence."
I'm not saying I was the only one there as any kind of personal
statement, just to let everyone on this list and others be aware of
how we (and F4J) are fooling ourselves about our collective
willingness to put ourselves out there. Jobs and personal schedules be
damned. Where are the other groups and individuals? Hello?

Personal, practical, and professional support for people like Mark
(and YOU when you will need it) cannot be left to the one or two
people like Kris Titus who already do seemingly twenty-four hour
on-duty sacrifice. This is my message to all the "writers" here. Where
in hell are you? (really?)

Certainly part of this is F4J incapacity's (people power) and all of
our collective current inability to communicate properly or even
minimally, but those problems are only one or two elements. Everyone
reading this must step up. People on the ground on a weekly basis are
needed for every type of activity and effort in all equal parenting
groups. It can be done folks, we just need more belief and much much
more commitment. Come on now.

Mark's "mental health court" appearance this morning was a simple
"does he think straight" question then get him into a regular bail
appearance tomorrow (Tuesday). I've met Mark a few times and he is at
least as competent, commonsensical and likely sharper than the judge
and all of the lawyers in the room. A psych assessment recommendation
is just part of the overall prosecutorial paint job that is standard
injustice smear against Mark to make these charges stick. This process
is also against all of YOU that support??? equal parenting and trying
to change the environment for our kids.

This psych smear job by the Crown and other equally designed
falsehoods (conspiracy, etc etc.) will continue to be used throughout
these proceedings. And they will be used EFFECTIVELY.

The overall procedures that are and will continue to be utilized here
are to draw Mark, Dennis, Vi and others into the clutches of the
police state and court system. The system starting with the police and
especially the Crown is used to then strip the defendants of all of
their immediate assets, and ALL of their immediate contacts and
friends, family and social safety nets.

Anyone not actively willing to support Mark at this time needs to
understand that they are part of the Crown's hoped for result, and
that is for Mark to be completely alone and to feel alone, without any
support, and without any friends, or family, and especially without
the means to help himself, and finally for Mark to actually know that
he is all alone. Do we let him and others feel this and realize it's
true, that they are actually alone without support?

Of course we do and of course we will. Life, (for everyone else)
marches on.

Tuesday morning at College Park Courts (Yonge & College second floor)
at 10 am (sharp) Mark will be appearing again for bail. The Crown will
insist and the judge will grant the Crown a high "cash only" bail with
very onerous conditions that Mark will be unable to meet.

So Mark Bogan, representing YOU and I and our children, will quite
likely stay in jail in Toronto. Is this upsetting anyone else? Hello?

And oh yeah, all while his dog just went through major life-saving
surgery and must stay in recovery with strangers while his master
languishes in jail, and who no doubt have no idea of how to care for a
dog. Does it get any better and more Hollywood than this? Oh sorry, I
forgot, this is actually a father's life in Toronto. Oh mfg Canada.

ANY and all support including financial (no NOT to his lawyer) is of
course appreciated, at the very least to save his truck to get back to
the undoubtedly warmer climes of the Northwest Territories.

Come on out folks.

------------- Submitted by: Kris Titus <bigwonderwoman@gmail.com>

We are all fairly exhausted, as I am sure you well know.

We managed to have two of our activists released on $10,000 bail
today. We still have one in for the weekend for psychiatric
assessment, although he was cleared on site of the protest by a
psychiatrist.

I am sure you know all the tactics. Things were hairy. They actually
used 3 flash grenades and then 10 ETF guys to tackle our last man
standing.

The bail hearing today was a joke as they tried to do the following:

- prohibit our activists from ANY form of protest

- have our group shirts declared 'gang colors' much like the
motorcycle gangs

- prohibit our activists from going to ANY elected officials home
without prior 'permission'

All I can say is RAISE SOME HELL!

I have cc'd our local coordinator and director who was one of the
fellows arrested if he wants to communicate with you directly and let
you know how to help.

We are as strong and united as ever and frankly, this was just a kick
off! LOL We're ready.

Much thanks ( could I ask you to communicate further with me directly
at bigwonderwoman@gmail.com )

--
                                       John Murtari
Coordinator                            AKidsRight.Org