Parental Rights/ Trouble with Summer DC events/ Frauds & Leadership?

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@akidsright.org)
Date: Sat Apr 04 2009 - 10:57:35 EDT

All the information in our messages is FREE for reuse as you desire.
Subscribe/unsubscribe info at end.

Good People & People of Faith,

This message has info on:

1. Parental Right's Amendment - your thoughts?
2. DC Festival/Rally 2009 - in trouble?
3. Movement FRAUDS exposed? - by Torm Howse.
4. Thoughts on poor behavior - by Lary Holland.

1. Parental Right's Amendment - your thoughts?
[ Many of you have heard about the Parental Right's Amendment.  Do
you know what it says?  Would it have made a difference for you and
your family?  Most importantly, what are you willing to do in support?
Read the message and links below. Your FEEDBACK is welcome on this.
I'd like to feature your thoughts in our next list message - John ]

Submitted by: "Cecile Allcock" <gemini_cecile@comcast.net>

March 31st, Representative Pete Hoekstra (MI) and Senator Jim DeMint
(SC) [held] a joint press conference at Upper Senate Park, next to the
Russell Office Building in Washington, D.C., to announce the
introduction of the Parental Rights Amendment in both houses of
Congress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH6Mve9_z9o (Great quality, interesting
                                            thoughts)

What the Amendment says:   http://www.parentsrights.us/

Section 1 - The liberty of parents to direct the upbringing and
education of their children is a fundamental right.

Section 2 - Neither the United States nor any state shall infringe upon
this right without demonstrating that its governmental interest as
applied to the person is of the highest order and not otherwise
served.

Section 3 - No treaty may be adopted nor shall any source of
international law be employed to supersede, modify interpret, or apply
to the rights guaranteed by this article.

2. DC Festival/Rally 2009 - in trouble?
---------------------------------------
I wanted to 'carefully' bring this up in the hope an expression of
concern, followed by some action, might get some events on track
toward success.  The primary issue with both is: Who is in charge?

This came up in an earlier message:
http://www.AKidsRight.org/archive/archive2009/0005.html

        DC RALLY 2009  http://www.dcrally2009.com/

The DCRally2009 site has not changed in months. I was contacted by
some folks helping with organization, but there is still no clear
statement of leadership for the event?  It appears the person that
holds the US Park Service Permits to use the grounds cannot be
contacted...

I've never been a believer in managing 'spin' or an 'image'.  There
may be some real problems here and it's always a shame to see
something fall through.  We are all busy, a lot of things to do, and
I'm sure all the present organizers are trying, but resources appear
pretty limited (especially money).

I'd like to be able to give you an email address for contact, but
there is not a clear leader/mission for the event (it seems).  If this
is resolved and there is some clear leadership, please send me some
info and I'd be happy to broadcast it.  The event held in 2007 was very
nice.  It would be great to see that success repeated!

                    DC FESTIVAL 2009

http://unitedcivilrights.org/conquest09.html
http://www.dcfestival2009.com/
http://unitedcivilrights.org/dcfestival2009opencall.html

As far as I know, the 'leadership' is clear on these events and web
sites, Mr. Torm Howse <indianacrc@earthlink.net>

His abusive style of leadership was also mentioned in that prior list
message.  We all have bad days, say something that came out wrong or
lose our patience.  We're human; however, we expect a certain level of
common courtesy from folks who attempt to lead us.  If a mistake
occurs, an apology and change are welcome.  That just doesn't seem to
be happening here?

Read some messages below - your thoughts on this behavior are welcome.
What should be out of bounds?  I'm sure Torm would also welcome your
thoughts and feedback.

3. Movement FRAUDS exposed! - by Torm Howse
[ I was made aware of a couple of recent list messages and plans for
an 'expose' internet radio show by Torm -- but people seemed afraid to
say anything?  It was like the McCarthy hearings of the 50s!

Please read the messages for yourself; and I also ask you to read a
'counter-point' I got from Lary Holland on this type of issue at the
end of this message.

Some profanity replaced by $ to get through some message filters.  Go
to the yahoo links to get original text.- John ]