Easy Red Cross donation for Haiti quake relief via cell phone.

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@akidsright.org)
Date: Wed Jan 13 2010 - 13:29:21 EST

AKidsRight.Org - All the information in our messages if FREE for reuse as you desire.  Subscribe/unsubscribe info at end of this message.
Good People & People of Faith,

I normally keep this list just for Family Law reform news, but this is
a needed exception.  I'm sure many of you have seen the tragedy in
Haiti.  What seems to make it even more terrible for me -- is that
these people didn't have a lot anyway and now they have lost not only
the little they had, but some of their family members as well!

While looking at USAToday.Com I found a quick & easy was to donate ten
dollars to the relief effort from your cell phone. I include the link
if you want to verify.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2010-01-12-Haiti_N.htm

GIVE: To help with relief efforts, text "HAITI" to "90999" and $10
will be given automatically to the Red Cross, charged to your cell
phone bill.

I tried it from my cell, Verizon Wireless.  I sent the text message
"haiti" to the 90999 number.  Almost immediately I got a confirmation
message back, it said to text a "Yes" to confirm the donation.  I did
that.  I then got another thank you message.  It also asked if I
wanted to get more cell updates, you can reply with "stop" for no more
messages.

Pretty quick, efficient system.  Please consider contributing.

--
                                       John Murtari