Michigan Reform Bill/ March in Albany the 24th/ Organizational/ Did you hear..?

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@akidsright.org)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2012 - 14:15:49 EDT

AKidsRight.Org - All the information in our messages if FREE for reuse as you desire.  Subscribe/unsubscribe info at end of this message.

Good People & People of Faith,

This message has info on:
1) Introspection and Organization.
2) Parental Rights March in Albany area, March 24th!
3) A serious reform Bill in Michigan.
4) Did you hear about the Mom/Dad that...

1) Introspection and Organization
---------------------------------
For many Christians this is the Season of Lent.  A time for
introspection and conversion prior to celebrating Easter.  Finances
have forced me to be a reform watcher for almost a year.

I'm humbled to see myself putting money and self interest ahead of
"reform."  My son and I survived the system.  Many of you weren't so
lucky and more are hurt each and every day.  I get pretty depressing
messages.  I'd like to do more, but....

It makes me a LOT more patient with the politicians, celebrities, and
media members we expect to help champion our movement.  They have
similar issues.  They aren't delaying reform, we are.

ORGANIZATION:

We need better organization, but before that we need some clear goals.
I can't risk jail till next year, but I do have time for organizing
like minded people.  We have a slowly growing membership at the
National Parents Leadership Council, http://www.NationalPLC.Org/.  The
group has some very clear goals and ideals.  Let me know what you
think -- join us!!!

How would these ideals be applied? Check out the survey questions at
http://www.NationalPLC.Org/member.php4   Your FEEDBACK welcome!

WHY?

I often here people say their parental rights were violated!  When I
ask them exactly what those rights are -- I usually get vague answers.
When I present situations similar to the survey -- I get all kinds of
answers.  What would you say?

2) Parent Rights March in Albany area, March 24th!
Organizer:  Jack Frost <fr33j6ck@yahoo.com> & New York Families 4 Kids (F4K)

     I will be taking pics, recording video and audio and immortalizing
     this event for all time in a youtube which will be posted on the
     new fafny website. Please contact me if you want to participate or
     on how you could help.  Email or cell: 518-321-9928

Details/Map: http://www.facebook.com/events/398305250196251/

10 Mile March for parental rights on Saturday March 24th Starting at
9:00 AM(8:30 AM meet up time) and ending at Senator Roy McDonald's
district office at whatever time we get there. (inclement weather
alternate date Saturday April 7th)

'March in March' from the regional office of children and family
services in Rensselaer to Senator Roy McDonald's District office in
Troy.

Petitions will be dropped off at Senator Roy McDonald's office
regarding Parental Rights. This march is also to bring awareness to
the failure of cps and family court. There is a better way then the
failed experiment called "family court" and CPS.

This is the biggest parental rights event to event occur within Troy
NY (so far as I know).

3) A serious reform Bill in Michigan
------------------------------------
I got an email about a Bill introduced in the Michigan Legislature
from Darrick Scott-Farnsworth (darricksf@achildsright.net).  I was
prepared to be skeptical when it was called the "Michigan Equally
Shared Parenting Bill", but I was fairly impressed.  It had some
strong wording on equality in parenting.  Let Darrick and I know what
you think.  I'm sure he'd be happy to hear from people in Michigan.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/%28S%283prvktaxfxrrtrnv2yyc55et%29%29/mileg.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=2011-HB-4778

 From Darrick:

    Those of you who live in Michigan please go to this bill and then
    contact each one of the sponsors of this bill. If you know someone
    in Michigan please ask them to contact these sponsors. Let the
    sponsors know that we appreciate their support but now is the time
    to get movement on the bill. The sponsors need to present the bill
    via a legislative forum in the House and or the Senate Office
    Buildings. Also they need to pressure their Judiciary Committee
    colleagues to have a hearing or move the legislation to another
    committee or to the floor for a vote.

4) Did you hear about the Mom/Dad that...
I've been seeing more and more messages that start with a variation of
"Did you see the story about the Mom/Dad that beat/ strangled/ froze/
starved their kids?"

I'd like to think the focus was on a screwed up system and the stress it
creates on parents, but then I would expect to see a balance of stories
about mothers and fathers?

What I get is almost totally about women committing crimes against
their kids sent to me by men.  I guess they are trying to show that
women can be just as cruel and violent as men are!!!??? Personally, I
think men still hold the lead when it comes to pure violence. Is this
suppose to help?  Is it suppose to matter?

    "It has always been a mystery to me how men can feel themselves
    honored by humiliation of their fellow human beings." -- Mahatma
    Gandhi (http://www.akidsright.org/p_gandhi.htm)

Martin Luther King (http://www.akidsright.org/p_martin.htm) lead a
Civil Rights movement for Blacks.  He needed to create a 'sea change'
in how Whites looked at Blacks (see the link).  He certainly DID NOT
accomplish it by pointing out that some Whites were rapists, robbers,
and really bad people.... Was this suppose to help?  Was it suppose to
matter?

Let's focus on what we need to be doing.  How do we demonstrate the
love we have for our kids?  The other parent of our children IS NOT
THE ENEMY.

--

                                        John Murtari

Coordinator                            AKidsRight.Org

jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org                "A Kid's Right to BOTH parents"

Toll Free (877) 635-1968(x-211)        http://www.AKidsRight.Org/