Merry Christmas -- without your kids? How long?

From: John Murtari, Coordinator (jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org)
Date: Thu Dec 25 2014 - 12:42:41 EST

View this email in your browser (http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=7570bc56b2e8a5d7c1d034bf3&id=a303889316&e=b63b6ad9d4)

http://www.AKidsRight.org/actiond_syr

** Good People & People of Faith,
If you can't see your kids, Thanksgiving was bad -- but Christmas can be the ultimate downer.  Especially with kids who have learned to actually hate you. I don't know how parents get through it.     Through all my struggles that was one level of Divorce Hell I didn't have to visit.

I wonder why parents get caught up in the money aspect of being unjustly separated.  As many times as I've heard about it, I never grokked the full impact of your 7 year old or your 17 year old saying, "Dad - I really don't want to see you any more. Stay away from me."  Talk about getting hit by a baseball bat!

I'm looking for parents willing to write "I LOVE YOU" (http://www.AKidsRight.Org/actiond_syr) to their kids.  I guess you wouldn't be into it if you knew the response of your teenager to that effort would be, "What?  Mom did that.  She's a real $itch!"  That kind of attitude makes you want to run away and hide under a rock -- the system wins!

The real poison?  You start blaming your kids, "Why don't they appreciate what I've done..... How can they talk to me that way....  They'll get what they deserve!"  I've heard some of those words from parents all too often.  The system really wins!

** The Power of Love / New Years Resolution - take action.
Nice words, but do you really believe it?  Can there be real power in an act of voluntary self sacrifice motivated by love?  Well, the birthday we celebrate today certainly puts one vote in the YES column.   Our love for our sons & daughters and the pain of separation is one of the most powerful Hollywood story lines -- but we seem to ignore it.  The struggle of a parent to regain contact with a 'lost' child had been done many times.   If they hate you -- they are truly lost.

I want to resume the action to convince two powerful US Senators that Family Rights are important (http://www.AKidsRight.Org/actiond_syr).   But it takes more than me acting alone.  I have a father willing to join me -- we are waiting for at least one Mom.  Please think about it.

That is what NonViolent Action is all about. That with real Faith, real Love, and real Sacrifice, real miracles can happen. But you have to believe and act, then noble dreams take on flesh and become reality. http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil.htm

"Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on
your arm; for love is as strong as death, its passion
unyielding as the grave.

It burns like a blazing fire, like a mighty flame.
Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it
away.

If one were to give all the wealth of his house for
love, it would be utterly scorned."
-- Song of Songs 8:6-7

Best regards!
John Murtari
Coordinator                          AKidsRight.Org
jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org     "A Kid's Right to BOTH parents"
(315) 944-0999(x-211)           http://www.AKidsRight.Org/

FREE FOR REDISTRIBUTION
 Previous member of earlier group list.