NationalPLC.Org

kidsnav.gif (4714 bytes)

Contact Us

Kids-Right: Current Events - Civil Disobedience Action

From: Kids-Right (kidsrigh@hammer.thebook.com)
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 14:16:56 EST

To unsubscribe from this list at anytime, send email to
Majordomo@kids-right.org with the following 1 line in the
BODY of the message (Subject is ignored).

unsubscribe members

Folks,

This message contains new information on several issues:

1. New updates to web site.
2. Request for media contacts.
3. Member (John Murtari), plans Civil Disobedience, needs help!

1. New updates to web site
--------------------------

Several personal stories have been added to our Hall of Shame
page (http://www.kids-right.org/shame.htm). We are always trying
to get National attention to the web site and hope "investigative
reporters" will use these stories. If you want your tale told,
please send it in as soon as possible (the next five days) in an
E-mail message to webmaster@kids-right.org

2. Request for media contacts
-----------------------------

We have added a Media Page to the site which can be used by anyone
wanting to FAX a news release on an important story. The page
is: http://www.kids-right.org/media.htm
We welcome additions. There is a form where you can submit new
info (would especially like to get fax numbers on the investigative
news shows like "Dateline", and also the "talk shows".)

3. Civil Disobedience by John Murtari, needs help!

I am planning to become a "Prisoner of Conscience" on Friday
of next week, Feb 19. My story is also on the web site,
http://www.kids-right.org/shame.htm and
the most heartbreaking news was Court ordered relocation of
my son, Domenic, to Colorado. The details are at the site,
but I just want to say this is something I have thought about
long & hard. It is the most effective response I feel I can
make to a system that is just out of control. It may or may not
attract any media attention, or official action -- but it needs
to be done.

I have gotten to know so many good people, and posted so many
sad stories to our web site. Especially grim are the tales
where a parent is cutoff from their children -- AND DOES NOT
HAVE THE MONEY TO FIGHT AN EFFECTIVE COURT BATTLE. Clearly,
the natural assumption should be regular contact with both
parents. The burden of proof should be on anyone wanting to
challenge that -- and they need to convince a Jury beyond a
reasonable doubt. This should be a small minority of cases.

Please take the time to read the Civil Disobedience material
at the web site. http://www.kids-right.org/civil.htm
A lot of this is a matter of personal faith.
The part of me that is "pragmatic" says just accept it -- you
can't fight city hall! The part of me with faith understands
what happened to my son and I was injustice, and sometimes
we need to take a clear stand against injustice. The Almighty
does not always expect us to do what is rational, but what is
right. Of course, hindsight is always 20/20. After reading
the material -- I hope you will understand that while I
strongly disagree with the actions taken by ex-wife, Judges,
and Lawyers in my case -- I do not think they are bad or evil
people. Like all of us, they did what they thought was best.
The system needs to be reformed to make these types of
actions a bit more difficult. IF YOU WANT TO HATE AND BLAME,
THIS MOVEMENT IS NOT FOR YOU.

I have posted a DRAFT news release, please check it out,
http://www.kids-right.org/release_jm1.htm
The text in "red" is optional. If any folks/groups want to
participate in anyway with me that would be great! At least
I would appreciate anyone who might be willing to drive me
over to the Sherriff's substation to get arrested. The
date is FIXED and the more people the merrier!

* One person protesting is a "crazy."
* Two people is a "group."
* Four people is a "movement."

I welcome your comments on the "best words" to use in the
New's Release. I will have this FAX'd to the media list after
I am arrested. Send me email: webmaster@kids-right.org, or
call me at work 315-635-1968,x-211 (if I am not there, leave
a voice mail message please).

                                         John Murtari