Pay the fine or jail (formatting). Dead ends to reform?

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2008 - 08:55:16 EDT

All the information in our messages is FREE for reuse as you desire.
Subscribe/unsubscribe info at end.

Good People & People of Faith,

Sorry for the quick follow-up!  There were some real problems in the
formatting of the last message, especially in the letter to the
Judge!  I did a quick copy/paste and didn't realize punctuation got
left out as I went between formats in the rush to send it.

The link below is to a PDF version of the message at our web site (it
also includes hyperlinks).  Much easier reading.

http://www.AKidsRight.org/support/forgione2a.pdf

Background: http://www.AKidsRight.org/support/traffic_jm.htm

I want to thank those of you wrote in with suggestions and
words of support. Thanks!

ALSO -- I don't know about many of you, but I am TURNED OFF by a lot
of the message traffic on reform and some of the leadership.  They
talk about a 'war', making 'them' suffer, that we have to deal with
the 'enemy', that this is about 'father's rights!'

Those approaches are doomed to failure and we can waste a lot of time
and pain, and effort reaching the dead ends they will lead us to.

I hope you take time to read the letter and the comparison to
segregation.  Many of us our 'white' -- put yourself back in Alabama
in the 40s and tell yourself how you would feel if a black man called
YOU his enemy!  That YOU were trampling his rights!  That YOU deserved
to suffer for what you had done to him and other blacks!

Thank God Martin Luther King showed people another way.  Whites
were not the 'enemy' of blacks -- they had just failed to realize
they were brothers & sisters.  Let's learn from that....

Let's let our peaceful and loving sacrifice convert others to
the goodness of our cause -- not slander and anger and self pity.

   "It has always been a mystery to me how men can feel themselves
   honored by humiliation of their fellow human beings."
      -- Mahatma Gandhi

   Gandhi disliked the words and idea of "passive resistance". The
   term Satyagraha, is a combination of satya (truth-love) and
   agraha(firmness/force). It is the "the vindication of truth not by
   infliction of suffering on the opponent but on one's self ."

   Satyagraha is peaceful, opponents must be converted by a
   demonstration of purity, humility, and honesty. They are to be
   converted -- not annihilated. Violence and anger create bitterness
   in the victim, and brutality in the attacker.

WISE WORDS!!!

--
                                       John Murtari
Coordinator                            AKidsRight.Org