Pay fine or jail! -- adjourned to Nov 19th.

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2008 - 10:50:51 EDT

All the information in our messages is FREE for reuse as you desire.
Subscribe/unsubscribe info at end.

Good People & People of Faith,

I just want to let everyone know that my case was adjourned this
morning in Lyons (New York) Village Court.  I had closed up my home
and arranged care for two gerbils and a rabbit (my son's pets).  I'll
be quite honest: My stomach was tied up in knots as I walked to Court,
not sure if I'd be coming home or be carried off to jail.

It's easy to talk about Faith, quite another matter when it has to be
turned into action (especially potentially painful action!).

Judge Forgione told me the case had been adjourned till Wednesday, Nov
19th, at 8:30 AM.  It appears the local Assistant DA (Mr. Rick Wunder)
had been withdrawn and another ADA had been assigned (Mr. David Shaw).
I'm not sure what the motivation was, but I assume they plan on
pursuing this without dismissal and I will be jailed on Nov. 19th.

I will try to talk to Mr. Shaw before that date in search of a just
solution.

I appreciate the messages sent me in support.  Many of you shared your
stories of real personal tragedies caused by this crazy system we have
of family 'justice'.

There are more details at the web site:
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/support/traffic_jm.htm

Again, many thanks for your kind words of support and your prayers!

--
                                       John Murtari
Coordinator                            AKidsRight.Org