Happy Mother's Day & I need a Mom to join me!

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Sun May 10 2009 - 09:22:38 EDT

AKidsRight.Org - All the information in our messages is FREE for reuse as you desire. Subscribe/unsubscribe info at end.

Good People & People of Faith:

1. Mother's day greetings.
2. I need a loving mother to join me - with Faith in reform.
3. Mother's day events - didn't get any from "F" groups?

1. Mother's day greetings.
-------------------------
Best wishes for a Happy Mother's Day! A special greeting to those of
you who may not have even see your children; who have not received a
card from your little ones because your former spouse is blind to your
value as a parent. For all those "awkward" moments this day can bring:
"Did your kids send you flowers?", "I got a beautiful card from my
daughter, how about you?", "We are all going out for dinner tonight,
and you?"

A VERY special greeting to those who have to deal with family members
& friends who say, "Just try to accept it, life goes on!", "I'm sure
whatever happened was for the best...."

Please understand they just don't know. Would you have used those
words in talking to: A slave in the 1850's? A black forced to the
"back of the bus" in the 1950's?

Admit it, maybe you would have -- until you experienced it first hand.

We open the door to reform when we demonstrate the power of our love.
When we stop seeking to be the ONLY parent to our children, but an
EQUAL parent.  If they stick a camera in your face and ask you "why?".
Don't waste your 20 seconds on hate for your former spouse, the social
worker, judges or lawyers.  Tell them about your great love for your
kids -- even better, show them....

That is what NonViolent Action is all about. That with real Faith,
real Love, and real Sacrifice, real miracles can happen.  But you have
to believe and act, then noble dreams take on flesh and become
reality. http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil.htm

    "Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on
    your arm; for love is as strong as death, its passion
    unyielding as the grave.

    It burns like a blazing fire, like a mighty flame.
    Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it
    away.

    If one were to give all the wealth of his house for
    love, it would be utterly scorned."
                                       -- Song of Songs 8:6-7

2. I need a loving mother to join me - with Faith in reform.
Can we turn those noble words about love into reality?

As we all know, one person alone can be dismissed as a "crazy" -- you
get three people and you have a "movement."  Through my past actions
I've certainly sensitized some local politicians and media about
Family Rights.  What's missing -- getting more parents who are willing
to sacrifice their freedom to demonstrate the depths of their love and
their Faith in reform.

The only other parent I ever had join me was Cathy Hughes, willing
to write "I LOVE YOU" with chalk to her kids and risk arrest right
outside a US Federal building.

http://www.AKidsRight.Org/actionc_syr/index.htm#cathy

NBC affiliate video:

http://www.AKidsRight.Org/actionc_syr/video/hanley25jan.asx (windows media)
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/actionc_syr/video/hanley25janA.mpg (mpeg-4)

I'm planning another action like that for early August outside the
local offices of Assemblyman Robert Oaks (in Lyons, NY).  Hopefully
these words will resonate within a loving mom somewhere out there --
who wants to stand up for her own dignity, and for the right of all
Mothers & Fathers to be presumed FIT & EQUAL when it comes to their
children.

Interested?  Take a look at the following and contact me, John Murtari
(jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org)

http://www.AKidsRight.Org/approach.htm
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil.htm

3. Mother's day events - didn't get any from "F" groups?
It's about 9 am on Sunday as I'm writing this.  I've always raised the
issue with the "F" lettered groups that we need to be M & F groups --
okay, (M)others and (F)athers.

I'm always told, "John, we may have F in our name, but we support
equal rights for Fathers & Mothers."  We didn't get any planned events
happen today.

Actions speak louder than words. Reform will never gain traction as
long as we continue to identify ourselves and act by gender.  The
greatest weapon opponents to reform have is keeping this a mom v. dad
struggle.

--
                                       John Murtari
Coordinator                            AKidsRight.Org