Happy Father's Day -- lacking the courage of our convictions?

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Sun Jun 21 2009 - 17:08:13 EDT

AKidsRight.Org - All the information in our messages is FREE for reuse as you desire. Subscribe/unsubscribe info at end.

Good People & People of Faith:

Maybe some much needed controversy in this message.  Do we need to
take our effort to another level to create change?

1. Reality check - how we doing?
2. I need a loving father (& mom) to join me - with Faith in reform.
3. Gathering people who share common beliefs - step One in reform.

1. Reality check - how we doing?
--------------------------------
I've been busy the last few weeks.  After scanning some news groups
there seems to be very little Family Rights activity associated with
this Father's Day? I'm blessed to spend six weeks with my son -- so
many Fathers will spend this day without their kids.

We're right to call it a Civil Rights violation, a great injustice, an
indignity, an assault upon the Family.  We're sadly mistaken to think
'talk' alone or 'expecting' officials to rescue us (both Mother and
Fathers) from this terrible system will work.  How about these items:

ONE: Here is a pointless message I saw today [When are we going to
be frustrated with ourselves for not taking personal action?]:

     "Will Obama do anything to help prevent government ejection &
     exiling of fathers from their kids' lives, or just blame fathers?
     Title IV-D and VAWA promote fatherlessness by granting federal
     money to states..."

TWO: Our modern President, who loves his kids, broadly paints all fathers
as needing to do a better job with their kids.  [It's the new
fashionable stereotype]:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-06-20-obama-fatherhood_N.htm

THREE: A greeting I saw today on a group. Reality or pure fantasy and
wishful thinking?

     "Children are a man's heart and soul. A man will walk through fire
     for his children -- if that is what it takes to nurture, love,
     mentor and protect them ....  Fathers sacrifice their own dreams
     so that their children -- our future -- our bridge to the future
     -- will have the freedom to dream dreams and the tools to
     transform those dreams into entities that the world will see,
     feel, hear, and touch."

     [Maybe another sentence should have been added -- "As long as a
     Judge's order allows it and I won't get in trouble."  Now we have
     reality?]

FOUR: How many Parents willing to "walk through fire" and "sacrifice
their own dreams" would have joined this Man?  From "Real Fathers For
Justice News" (info@realfathersforjustice.org)

     British Batman found guilty and could get SEVEN years in prison
     for holding up traffic while protesting for reform -
     http://www.realfathersforjustice.org/news/index.php?itemid=267

2. I need a loving father (& mom) to join me - with Faith in reform.
As we all know, one person alone can be dismissed as a "crazy" -- you
get three people and you have a "movement."  Through my past actions
I've certainly sensitized some local politicians and media about
Family Rights.  What's missing -- getting more parents who are willing
to sacrifice their freedom to demonstrate the depths of their love and
their Faith in reform.

The only other parent I ever had join me was Cathy Hughes, willing to
write "I LOVE YOU" with chalk to her kids and risk arrest right
outside a US Federal building.

http://www.AKidsRight.Org/actionc_syr/index.htm#cathy

NBC affiliate video:

http://www.AKidsRight.Org/actionc_syr/video/hanley25jan.asx (windows media)
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/actionc_syr/video/hanley25janA.mpg (mpeg-4)

I'm planning another action like that for early August outside the
local offices of Assemblyman Robert Oaks (in Lyons, NY).  Hopefully
these words will resonate within a loving mom somewhere out there --
who wants to stand up for her own dignity, and for the right of all
Mothers & Fathers to be presumed FIT & EQUAL when it comes to their
children.

Interested?  Take a look at the following and contact me, John Murtari
(jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org)

http://www.AKidsRight.Org/approach.htm
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil.htm

3. Gathering people who share common beliefs - step One in reform.
A new network to bring together parents who share a common set of
belief regarding reform was started a few months ago.  The National
Parent's Leadership Council, http://www.NationalPLC.Org/

There are over 70 people registered at present.  When you have time,
check it out and see if the core values agree with yours.  As always,
your FEEDBACK is welcome.

--
                                       John Murtari
Coordinator                            AKidsRight.Org