Meeting Sen. Schumer's Staff - Dec 12th/Syracuse

From: John Murtari, Coordinator (jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2013 - 08:25:00 EST

http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=7570bc56b2e8a5d7c1d034bf3&id=65e2123319&e=7f791675aa
Good People & People of Faith,

A meeting with Senator Schumer's staff in Syracuse, NY, has been confirmed for Thursday, Dec 12th, at 1 PM.   You can read the letter (http://akidsright.org/actiond_syr/Schumer1a.pdf) that was sent earlier.  We hope to get his action in promoting fundamental Family Rights.  Right now we have a couple of people with tentative plans to be there and we welcome more Mothers and Fathers to attend.

You can also email your stories and we'll present them to the Senator's staff.   For folks coming to Syracuse, we'll get together around 11 AM to meet each other and discuss plans for the meeting.   Contact me if interested:  jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org (mailto:jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org?subject=Schumer%20Meeting)

Google Map (https://maps.google.com/maps?q=100+S.+clinton+st,+syracuse,+ny&ll=43.036776,-76.173706&spn=0.195482,0.197754&hnear=100+S+Clinton+St,+Syracuse,+New+York+13202&t=m&z=12)

** Will it make a difference?
Yes!  Starting with you.  It's amazing how many parent's are in agony after having a Court interfere with their Family -- but just accept it.  So few ever bother to contact a legislator at the State or Federal level, never go to a meeting or take any public action.  You may surprise yourself with how good it feels to take the initiative, and do it in a positive way .We like to blame the politicians, but one tough question I'm asked by staff, "John, if this is such an important issue -- where is everybody?"

** Will they listen?
Many of us have been ignored before in the past.  You plead your case to staff, but nothing every happens, it is forgotten.

I think we can be hopeful in Syracuse.  Many of you know I've been active in the past, gotten some good publicity (http://www.akidsright.org/events.htm) .  I think they will take it seriously; especially if follow up meetings occur in every city where Senator Schumer has an office -- and definitely with a good turnout of mothers & fathers who support the goal of Family Rights and being recognized as FIT & EQUAL parents (http://www.akidsright.org/family_rights/family-rights-poster.pdf) !

** Sign our Petition
Please take a moment, and sign our Petition supporting Family Rights (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/3/the-declaration-of-family-rights) .   We'd like to see the "Declaration of Family Rights" become a simple expression of the reform we are looking for.  It may be too late to help many of us, but it should help families in the future and prevent a lot of unneeded human suffering.

Yes, the Senator's staff will see your signatures and email us your comments.  We'll be printing them out and will bring them to our meeting.

Copyright © 2013 AKidsRight.Org, All rights reserved.
 Previous member of earlier group list.
Our mailing address is:
AKidsRight.Org
34 Franklin Street
Lyons, NY 14489
USA

** follow on Twitter (Twitter Account not yet Authorized

)
** friend on Facebook (#

)
** forward to a friend (http://us7.forward-to-friend2.com/forward?u=7570bc56b2e8a5d7c1d034bf3&id=65e2123319&e=7f791675aa)