Support makes goal! Canadian equality poll & Coleman jail update.

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@akidsright.org)
Date: Mon Apr 20 2009 - 20:35:37 EDT

All the information in our messages is FREE for reuse as you desire.
Subscribe/unsubscribe info at end.

Good People & People of Faith:

This message has info on:

1. Support? System Down - makes goal. Many thanks!
2. Equal Parenting - action in Canada.
3. Bill Coleman - isolated and jailed.

1. Support? System Down - makes goal. Many thanks!
Submitted by: Angelo Logo <info@supportthemovie.com>

Dear Supporters,

>From Mississippi to Kansas to Massachusetts to California and to Yes
you guessed Down Under Australia. We made this budget today! Thank
You!

On top of that we have 2 more opportunities open up for festival
submissions that we will be submitting to. We will keep you posted as
things develop.

I am honored and very happy to tell all of you that the goal and funds
were raised as of late afternoon yesterday and some this morning.  We
received $1,000 dollars from the NCFM, www.NCFM.org and the Fathers 4
Justice F4J Los Angeles to complete the amount we needed today to make
this happen and get the needful completed DVDs out to the festival (s)
next week. We will be editing Monday evening. I am lost for words at
all the support that came pouring in for us. Not just the funding just
honest heart felt support from people that want to see this project
come out.

Total Raised $2,895.00..........YOU ALL MADE IT happen........ now I
will do my part. Thank You!!

Unfortunately, there is also the NEGATIVE ones that have just started
bashing me and questioning my intentions to this project and etc. All
I can say is that the last 4 years have been so difficult not only for
me but also for my family and friends who, even though believe in what
I am doing and support me, I know have a hard time because this is all
I have tried to do is get out to a trust worthy distribution that will
play it.

At the bottom you will see a list of Special Thanks for the help we
have gotten.  To all those that I will not name here its because. sad
to say.. I don't want you to be emailed, called, harassed or attacked
for helping me or this film. (crazy isn't it)

... The problem is REAL! The people are REAL! The film can be called a
Full Feature movie, Film, Docu feature, Movie, video, clips, or what
ever else you want to call it. It exists there is a DVD cover, there
are trailers, there are clips, there are tears there is laughter,
there is animation, there archive videos, judges, attorneys, woman and
men, non-custodial and custodial parents.  If you want to know after
220 hours or so of footage, it is at 72 minutes Total Run time which
is (my understanding) industry standard for a MOVIE to be shown
theatrically which we have done and this week we will be putting
together the final touches to make as many festivals including the
Atlanta one (dates to be announced) and then looking forward to the
next of goal of qualifying for the Academy. (we have to try it)

... Thanks again for believing in me. I will be working the next 5
days thank you.

Angelo

PLEASE NOTE: THE FULL VERSION OF THE DVD WILL BE AVAILABLE ***AFTER***
WE GET THIS FILM QUALIFIED AND DO THE FESTIVAL ROUTE FOR THE LAST TIME
THIS YEAR!

WE WILL HAVE A FEW SCREENERS PLANNED FOR IT TO MEET THOSE GOALS AND
RELEASE SOON AFTER ON DVD. FOR NOW THE "SNEAK PEAK" IS AVAILABLE ON
OUR WEBSITE www.supportthemovie.com AND AMAZON for international
customers. THANK YOU!

SPECIAL THANKS TO THESE ORGANIZATIONS AND TO ALL of those who
supported and continue to support this project. THANK YOU!

** For donating $1,000 to help the film meet the goal today!!

                 NCFM http://www.ncfm.org/

Others who helped:

http://images.pimpmysearch.com/logo.php?gname=AXJ-International

http://www.action4justice.com/

American Coalition for Fathers and Children http://www.acfc.org/

Daddyblogger.com  http://daddy.typepad.com/daddyblog/

The greatest joy in life is being a dad http://www.daddy.typepad.com/

http://www.fathers-4-justice-losangeles.org/Home_Page.html

http://www.nfja.org

http://www.kids-right.org/

Shelly Barreras http://www.ShellyBarreras.com/
for her generous contributions and continued support.

GET YOUR JUSTICE LIVE! Every Wednesday and Sunday Night Live at 8PM
EST   http://spotlight.getyourjusticelive.com

Liberal Arts Radio   http://www.liberalartsradio.com/

email: Info@supportthemovie.com
website : www.supportthemovie.com <http://www.supportthemovie.com/>
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupportTheMovie
http://www.myspace.com/supportthemovie
FaceBook: Supportthemovie

2. Equal Parenting - action in Canada.
-------------------------------------
Submitted by: Kris Titus <bigwonderwoman@gmail.com>

PRESS RELEASE:  Equal Shared Parenting Poll Results
                Does the majority actually rule in Canada?

Member of Parliament, Maurice Vellacott, Thursday announced the
results of a poll conducted by Nanos on support for equal parenting
which shows yet again that there is a large majority public support
for equal parenting in law with a 78% support rate.

These results prove what F4J Fathers 4 Justice has been saying for
years now, at great risk and peril to their superhero
campaigners. "The time for equal parenting is absolutely now. As far
back as 1998 a Compas poll showed 78% support and the poll we
commissioned in 2007 showed 79.1% support.  Someone has got to demand
that the majority in this country have a voice when it comes to the
welfare of divorced families," says Kris Titus, National Coordinator.

Titus is one of 5 superhero campaigners for the organization who face
severe charges for their stunts that raise awareness of this important
issue. Recently Benoit Leroux aka Robin and Guy Dumais, were convicted
on appeal after arguing the defense of 'necessity' for a direct action
which closed the Jacques Cartier bridge in Montreal several years ago.

"It's troubling to see our superheros who risk their lives and liberty
for the sake of children being convicted and treated so harshly by the
courts and Crown Attorney's office," says Titus in reference to the
lack of response to other civil protests.

One has to ask, when will the majority rule that stands up for the
welfare of Canadian children and parents be recognized as a worthy and
noble goal?

If MPs like Maurice Vellacott and his fellow supporters of this issue
stand strong in the face of 'minority' opposition, then it will happen
sooner rather than later, which is still not soon enough.

"Maurice Vellacott is proving himself to be a Member of Parliament who
listens to Canadians. Family Law issues are all over the news and
there is an increasing outcry for reform," Titus says, "It's time for
Mr. Ignatieff to seal the deal and stand up for what he has clearly
stated he believes in, equal shared parenting."

The results are in. Canadians have spoken. Our government must act.

CONTACT: Nationally, Kris Titus 1-888-F4JCanada

( 1-888-345-2262 ) ext. 703

National Website for more information about F4J Fathers 4 Justice Canada
Canada: [http://www.f4jcanada.ca/] www.f4jcanada.ca

National Action website: [http://www.f4jcanada.com/] www.f4jcanada.com

3. Bill Coleman - isolated and jailed
-------------------------------------
Submitted by: "Geoff Coleman" <geoffc88@tiscali.co.uk>

I have just spoken to Bill, he is being tortured in more ways than one over
his force feeding, not just physically but mentally the doc are playing
games. He wants you to know that he is now being told he can not keep mail.
He can read it and then he has to hand it back. Also he asked if you send
him legal materials it has to go through your lawyers or through bills
lawyers, otherwise he can not receive them.

He wanted you to know this.

Many thanks for the support you have for Bill.

Also: Read letter written by the ACLU on Bill's behalf to the UN Human
Rights commission regarding his treatment in prison:

http://www.AKidsRight.org/support/aclu_coleman_letter.pdf

----------- brief summary:

[ We've had a couple of list messages about Mr. Coleman.
http://www.akidsright.org/archive/archive2009/0004.html -- A letter
would certainly be welcome and I'm sure he would appreciate a personal
visit by anyone in the Connecticut area! His address is:

Mr. William Coleman  (3-305106)
1153 East Street South
Suffield, CT 06080  ]

Submitted by (his brother): "Geoff Coleman" <geoffc88@tiscali.co.uk>

Since the 1st April 2009 Bill has resumed his protest and has stopped
taking all fluids.

They are not allowing him personal phone calls and they have taken his
pen away. He wants you to know that he is not able to correspond with
you by means of phone call or letter. Bill has not been force-fed
yet. He expects to get an NG feeding on Monday.

 http://www.billcolemaninnocentmanwrongfullyconvicted.webs.com/

If you right to Bill and want to visit he can be put on his list.

Geoff

--
                                       John Murtari
Coordinator                            AKidsRight.Org