[AKidsRight.Org] Murtari arrested for writing "HELP FAMILY RIGHTS" on Courthouse

From: John Murtari (murtarij@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 16 2009 - 13:33:04 EST

AKidsRight.Org - All the information in our messages if FREE for reuse as you desire.  Subscribe/unsubscribe info at end of this message.
Good People & People of Faith,

[ NOTE: please send any message replies to this monitored addr:
<jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org> ]

We wanted to send out a brief announcement that John Murtari was
arrested again today in Lyons, NY.  This was similar to the last
arrest that occurred on November 12th (he used kid's chalk to write a
Family Rights message on the side of the building). Because this was
the second arrest, John expected he might be held in jail until his
next scheduled Village Court date on November 25th.

We don't have any details yet, but they will be posted at the web site
once we hear from John. There are also pictures of his earlier
activity.  http://www.AKidsRight.Org/parental_notification

Earlier this month John had taped sheets of paper with a simple Family
Rights message to the outside wall & windows of the County Courthouse.
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/parental_notification/family-rights-poster.pdf

John's plan was to use a simple public message to convince local
Assemblyman Bob Oaks he should support Family Rights.  We'd like him
to sponsor a first-in-the-nation Bill that recognizes the right of
both biological parents to know they have a child at birth.

For more background and details you may also see this report at
Examiner.com:

http://www.examiner.com/x-15873-Family-Rights-Examiner%7Ey2009m10d24-Activist-Murtari-resumes-Youre-a-Parent-Notification-Act-campaign-in-Lyons

You can contact Assemblyman Oaks by:

website: http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/?ad=128
email: oaksr@assembly.state.ny.us
phone: 315-946-5166
write: Assemblyman Robert Oaks, 10 Leach Road, Lyons, NY 14489

You are also welcome to call/write these officials on his behalf.

* DA Richard Healey , Hall of Justice, Suite 202, Lyons, NY  14489
    (Phone: 315-946-5905 / Fax: 315-946-5911)

* Village Justice Nicholas Forgione, 79 William St., Lyons, NY 14489
    (Phone: 315-946-4565)

For the last few weeks he'd used kid's chalk to write a message about
the need for Family Rights on the sidewalk outside the building.  It
became clear officials at the Courthouse in Lyons were not going to
take action even though he was threatened with arrest initially.

It was also clear there were no other parents ready to join in this
NonViolent Action.  A mom & dad willing to accept arrest & jail as a
way to peacefully demonstrate the depth of their beliefs. After some
discussion, John decided to write the same message on some of the
outside walls of the building.  Still using kid's chalk, still very
easy to remove -- but harder for officials to ignore.

--

Coordinator                                          AKidsRight.Org
jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org                      A Kid's Right to BOTH parents"