Join Captain America at Rally (Oct 27, Lyons NY) / Breaking through stone for reform!

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org)
Date: Wed Oct 19 2011 - 14:45:44 EDT

Good People & People of Faith,

This message has info:

1. Right to know you're a Parent - Join Captain America.
2. Family Rights & the MLK Monument - breaking stone!!!
3. Guest editor - your help welcome!

*1. Right to know you're a Parent - Join Captain America*
Jack Frost, coordinator of the Group New York Father's 4 Kids
(http://www.facebook.com/groups/Fathers4Kids/), is organizing a Rally
from Noon-2 PM outside the offices of Assemblyman Oaks in Lyons, NY.
He'll be coming as Captain America. Along with other parents we hope
to convince Assemblyman Oaks that he should introduce legislation that
promotes the right of both parents to know they have a child!

http://www.AKidsRight.Org/family_rights << - Full details, directions

We certainly hope to get Media attention as a Super Hero visits town.
We'd welcome attendance by a Wonder Woman or others!  We aren't here
to 'skewer' the Assemblyman, but to demonstrate how important Family
Rights are.  At the present time he considers it 'safer' to avoid
promoting change in State laws.

If you are thinking of attending or need more info, please contact
Jack (fr33j6ck@yahoo.com).

*2. Family Rights & the MLK Monument - breaking stone!!!*
Many of you may have read about the controversy regarding the Martin
Luther King Memorial that just opened in Washington.  The one item I
noticed is that it shows him breaking through a section of rock, that
remains in the background.

A great analogy to the same level of bias & prejudice we face to being
presumed FIT & EQUAL parents.  To break through the 'rock' that was
segregation there was tremendous sacrifice.

Are we ready for that?  Do we have a goal that will inspire us?

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/3/the-declaration-of-family-rights

As always, your FEEDBACK welcome!

*3. Guest editor - your help welcome!*
-----------------------------------
Right now I am very busy just trying to make ends "meet" -- or at
least slow them getting farther apart!  I've sent out requests before
...  if you would like to be a "Guest Editor" for the group
Newsletter, please contact me.  For an archive of messages so you can
see the basic format see: http://www.AKidsRight.org/archive/

NOTE -- had a few people volunteer, but they wanted exclusive
Copyright to their thoughts.  We need to share & spread ideas, need
people willing to accept the "Creative Commons license",
http://creativecommons.org/choose/

The Newsletter has one or more of the following sections:

* Editorial on legislative, court, and public actions to bring about
reform in accordance with the goals of our Group (see sites above).

* News and Events in general on reform that are submitted by others.
Retransmits from other mailing lists.

* Your FEEDBACK -- as Guest editor, you will take care of answering
the replies from people on the list.  Dialog with them, and the
prepare a message to share with everyone.  If the list member sends
in a reply, they always get the last word in the FEEDBACK (see
format below).

Interested? Contact me! jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org

--

                                      John Murtari
Coordinator                            AKidsRight.Org