New editor intro / Photos from Capt. America's visit

From: Alexander Haas (me@alexanderhaas.org)
Date: Sun Oct 30 2011 - 23:12:09 EDT

AKidsRight.Org - All the information in our messages if FREE for reuse as you desire.  Subscribe/unsubscribe info at end of this message.
This message has info on:
1. 'In the best interest of the children' - Introduction to new editor
Alexander Haas
2. AKidsRight.Org - a FaceBook cause/group? Your help?
3. Captain America - photos from Lyons visit

1. 'In the best interest of the children' - Introduction to new editor
Alexander Haas
     I've been on John's email list for a short time. Probably like many
of you I signed up amidst a separation involving children. I lived with
my ex 7 years and my two children all their lives, they were 2 and 4
when she abducted them. I called the police, sheriff, FBI, center for
missing and exploited children, and missing children's clearinghouse.
The non-profits couldn't really help except talk with me, and the
government agencies wouldn't help since it was their mother that took
them. Thank god I had some money saved up and could afford a good
lawyer. Within a month I was seeing my kids again every other day. The
court case took a little more then a year. My ex's dad was a family
court magistrate so they knew how to use the system. I was accused of
child abuse, investigated, and the accusation was found unsubstantiated,
partially because I had my home wired with cameras and offered them all
the footage. The GAL suggested the mother and I get equal time. Judge
Fenning Pierce in Ohio gave my ex full legal custody, me about 20% of
the time and approved my ex's request for a support order based on my
mortgage application from 2006 instead of on my tax returns or proof of
income and expenses. The judge also made it retroactive to when my ex
abducted the kids. I can't afford it and it may cause me jail time.
    My lawyer was better then my ex's, the GAL was on my side, my
background was cleaner, and her pile of accusations all had no evidence.
Yet the judge decided in her favor. He said it was in the best interest
of the children. He had never seen or met my kids, he didn't know them,
and certainly didn't love them, yet he believed he knew what was best
for them more then the rest of us.
   The saddest thing is that my story and stories worse then mine are
not uncommon. Yet the courts repeat and repeat 'in the best interest of
the children' over and over. As long as this system is perceived as
acting in the best interest of the children by society, society won't
rise against it. During my court case I read the horror stories, I saw
the father's, and non-custodial parents right's groups, but it was still
hard for me to believe the system was that unethical toward children and
their relationship with their parents. I really held on to my faith and
hope in the system until I saw the judgement. I was in the system, was
victim to the unethical dregs of family court and still wanted to have
faith in it. It's so much more comfortable believing the system works in
the best interest of the children. And I like being comfortable, and
society likes being comfortable.
   I look forward to serving you through this organization, and hearing
your ideas and feelings.

-Alex

2. AKidsRight.Org - a FaceBook cause? Your help?
I've gotten some suggestions about creating a FaceBook Cause/Group/Fan
Page for AKidsRight.Org and a strong presumption that we are FIT & EQUAL
parents. It sounds like a good idea and I would welcome some help in
setting up/managing that type of effort. If you have been a member of
the group for a while and support our goals and methods,
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/approach.htm -- give me a call in the next few
days (315) 944-0999, x-211 or email me at jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org
<mailto:jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org?Subject=Re:%20Steele%20in%20Court/%20MI%20Ballot%20Initiative/%20Your%20FEEDBACK%20-%20goals%20&%20methods&In-Reply-To=%3C19266.30020.986697.942665@torch.softwareworkshop.com%3E>
to discuss.

3.  Captain America - photos from Lyons visit.
Submitted by:   John Murtari <jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org>

Captain America,  Mr. Jack Frost, coordinator for the group New York
Families
4 Kids made a visit to Lyons and the offices of State Assemblyman Robert
Oaks -- who still doesn't see Family Rights as an important issue.

We spent some time speaking with his representative and got some good

pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/jmurtari/CaptainAmerica#slideshow

Would have been nice to have more parents present.

--
Alexander Haas